Why choose Spanda® Yoga Professional Yoga Therapist Training?
As a Spanda® Yoga Movement Therapist you’ll be able to elegantly design and sensitively implement therapeutic strategies that meet the challenges of being human. Our 800-hour IAYT accredited program provides substantial depth of knowledge and breadth of skill.
Spanda® Yoga Movement Therapy is:
- Comprehensive. Coursework is tailored to cover both eastern and western models of health, disease and healing at the functional, structural, mental-psychological, energetic and spiritual levels. Practical application arises from a well-articulated vocabulary of practice grounded in clinical use for the past forty years.
- Integrative. Each aspect of your training is presented with the whole in mind and is carefully orchestrated to interweave your continuously deepening levels of knowledge, understanding and proficiency.
- Visionary. You’ll have opportunity to develop reliable observation skills using multiple channels of perception that mature sensitivities befitting yogic adepts. Graduates are prepared to co-create the future of yoga therapy with integrity, imagination and wisdom.
- Rooted in Authentic Yoga. This training arises out of the Samaya Sri Vidya lineage (a layered compliment of Yoga, Vedanta and Tantra) and complementary expertise in the lineage of Kundalini Vidya.
- Informed by Western Medicine. Grounding in western biomedical research and practice gives you the ability to understand client’s concerns through the eyes of this perspective in order to seamlessly integrate your work with mainstream healthcare providers.
- Taught by Clinically Experienced Experts. Every member of our unparalleled faculty is an expert with at least one decade—most with several decades—of therapeutic experience in their field. Our faculty consists of yogis whose lives have been devoted to alleviating others’ suffering through yogic methods.
- As a Spanda® Yoga Movement Therapist you’ll be able to elegantly design and sensitively implement therapeutic strategies that meet the challenges of being human. Our 800-hour IAYT accredited program provides substantial depth of knowledge and breadth of skill.
Vedic inquiry defines things by stating what they are not. Spanda® Yoga Movement Therapy . . .
. . . is not a hodgepodge of workshops of potentially contradictory “yoga for…” segments by sundry presenters
. . . is not offered by yoga teachers with little-to-no clinical experience
. . . is not based on a smattering of popularist yoga practices that lack depth
. . . is not one-size-fits-all protocols for diseases.
Spanda® Yoga Movement Therapy is focused on developing each yoga therapist’s skill, insight, and knowledge in addressing the unique pattern of concerns of individuals who find their way into this sacred relationship.
The program is delivered through a series of progressive on-site modules accompanied by distance learning support. Click Course Tracks below to see our courses under each competency area. Our comprehensive, integrative high-level program will enable you to work with practically any human condition. At the completion of each of the first three modules, we offer certification in these areas of expertise: Yoga for Vital Aging and Yoga for Back Care.
Who Should Apply?
Consider applying if you wish to:
Become expert in applying authentic systematic yoga methods and practices to effectively facilitate health and the evolution of consciousness of others
Develop your perceptual adeptness, interpersonal skill, and sensitive instructional ability
Provide therapeutically-oriented group classes and individual sessions with confidence and skill
Advance your understanding of how yoga works
Note: We understand many individuals have acquired significant yoga and complementary training outside of participating with the registry of Yoga Alliance. That is why our prerequisite for entrance is a 200-hour Yoga Alliance registered training or its equivalent. If you are unsure as to whether your background meets our entrance standards, please contact us at: 609-474-6006. We also require prospective students be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate with a minimum two years of yoga teaching/practice.
This 800-hour professional yoga therapist training takes place over twenty-five months in six 10-day residential modules. Homework, practice teaching, yoga therapy practicum session, and distance learning takes place between residential segments to support progress. Some transfer credits from RYT 300/500-hour programs may be possible for the early stages of the course. As with any institute of higher learning, these are taken on a case-by-case review of prior coursework.
July 14-23, 2017
You begin your journey to being one of the world’s premier yoga therapists by full grasping the foundations of how yoga works to heal and vitalize, cleanse and balance each person in a perfectly tailored way. The Roots of this remarkable tradition, Yoga Psychology and the Mind, the Body in Motion, Analytic and Teaching Methods are covered, as is a review of and deepening into the anatomy of yoga practice. Individualized mentored practicum helps you integrate as you develop your skills.
November 3-12, 2017
Your journey continues with in-depth experiential anatomy, observational and analytic skills in biomechanics and movement analysis. The Roots of Spanda Yoga, Yoga Psychology and the Mind conclude in this module while you study in-depth yoga’s view of health versus disease and the process of healing. Factors such as diet, environment, stress, trauma, constitution, mental habits, and more are presented from a holistic context. Individualized mentored practicum continues as you integrate your developing skills and understanding.
April 13-22, 2018
Refinement of teaching methods enabling you to work with specialty groups becomes the focus as well as social and developmental factors that influence the whole person. A Back Care specialty certificate is earned at this time, as is one in Yoga Therapeutics for Vital Aging. Expanding beyond the postures, introspective, and meditative work central to yoga, correctives of Ayurvedic remedies, dietary recommendations, sleep aids, balance, agility, and other movement re-patterning training, and other lifestyle modifications that support wellness are addressed.
300-hour yoga teacher training certification is earned after Module Three.
October 5-14, 2018
More clinically oriented coursework takes the lead in these three advanced modules as you study Western Psychology and Western Pathophysiology in courses designed solely for the needs of the practicing yoga therapist. You also deep your understanding of anatomy as we work hands-on and instructionally with common yoga injuries, and common physical mis-alignments, mis-use issues, and ailments. Interaction and guidance skills are explored as mentored practicum continues.
April 5-14, 2019
Integration of all you have learned takes the lead as you refine knowledge, understanding and skill in working with each unique client’s Body in Motion, and design and apply therapeutic methods for most common ailments and conditions. The focus is on competence and confidence during observation and discussion during and after grand rounds. Establishing rapport, safety, deep listening, and attunement and engagement skills are refined throughout the onsite mentored practicum as well as mentored practicum in one’s home community.
September 6-15, 2019
In this final module you demonstrate your mastery of high level refinement and proficiency in working with individuals from in-take to conclusion using all your clinical skills and course knowledge. Professional issues concerning healthcare codes, scope of practice, regulation, co-care, professional networking, best business practices and more prepare you for practice.
Completion of all six modules earns enrollees certification as a professional Spanda® Yoga Movement Therapist from an International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) Accredited School.
Foundation (first three modules)
Extra Early: $3,525 ($1,175 per module) if application is processed and $500 deposit is received by April 14, 2017
Early: $3,900 ($1,300 per module) if application is process and $500 deposit received by May 14, 2017
Regular: $4,275 ($1,425 per module)
Your deposit reserves your spot. Payment plans are available, click here. Contact us for details.
Advanced (last three modules)
Early: $7,050 ($2,350 per module) if application is processed and $500 deposit is received no later than three months prior to that module’s start date.
Regular: $7,650 ($2,550 per module) if the $500 deposit is received in less than 90 days before the module’s start date.
Payment plans are available, click here. Contact us for details.