Experience the wisdom of a classic reinterpreted for modern life and practice!
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika is arguably one of the most influential surviving texts on hatha yoga—a tantric text focusing on asana, pranayama, and esoteric practices that work with the life force of the body. Along with the oral tradition, this text reveals the purpose and potential in working with the body. The focus of the text is prana—the innate vital life force. The purification and training of the various aspects of prana lead to harmony in the mind and personality. We’ll discover the subtle aspects of practice intended to awaken the spiritual power buried deep within the nervous system and mind.
All sessions will include discussion and practice of asana, pranayama, meditation and specific practices drawn directly from this classic text.
- Session 1. Overview of the text and its historical context
- Session 2. Chapter 1: Asana–Fifteen classic asanas
- Session 3. Chapter 2: Shatkarma and Pranayama–Six cleansing practices and breath training
- Session 4. Chapter 3: Mudra and Bandha–Directing and focusing prana
- Session 5. Chapter 4: Samadhi–Uniting and stabilizing the mind and prana