Meditation and its companion practices constitute a healing art. They restore internal balance, reunite us with our inner goals, and offer a wide variety of techniques to help us regain an innate sense of hope and optimism. In this extended seminar, we will explore the essential concepts of sickness and health, and employ strategies that are meant to lead us from stress and suffering to healing, and from healing to the higher paths of yoga. Learn to align yourself with healing forces and make healing a conscious aspect of life. Then bring the powerful tools of yoga to the healing process.
These sessions offer the opportunity to:
- Explore healing methods of meditation, and let threads of yogic psychology and philosophy inspire you with an optimistic spirit.
- Recognize lifestyle habits and emotional strategies to support healing and help prevent imbalances in your mind and body.
- Use a practical schematic for managing pain, based on four fundamental principles of ancient medicine.
- Integrate contemporary approaches to self-help and self-development with traditional yoga practice.
- Explore the role of prayer, music, and mantra in the healing process.
Texts for study:
- Moving Inward: The Journey to Meditation, by Rolf Sovik, the Bhagavad Gita (any translation), and The Healing Power of Mind, by Tulku Thondup (Shambhala Press).