« All Events
- Please disable iOS Private Browsing or otherwise enable HTML Local Storage to activate all features
Ayurvedic Health Counselor Unit—4
Ayurvedic Anatomy & Physiology II
Saturday, September 15, 2018 @ 7:30 pm–Tuesday, September 18, 2018 @ 12:30 pm
Deepen your knowledge of the science of ayurveda and become an Ayurvedic Health Counselor! In this exciting and comprehensive ayurvedic training program, you will expand upon the foundational ayurvedic knowledge you gained in the Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist program. You will explore more complex concepts of the vast and engaging science of ayurveda and broaden your scope of practice.
Nationally recognized and certified by NAMA, the Ayurvedic Health Counselor program is only available to those who have completed the Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist training program or an approved comparable program. If you are looking to make ayurveda into a career or feel your dharma is in the supportive health care industry, this program is for you! As an Ayurvedic Health Counselor you will be able to work with preventative healthcare and the promotion of health, primarily through the suggestions of diet and lifestyle changes. The Ayurvedic Health Counselor program is a nationally recognized professional certification program that will open up new doors for your holistic health and wellness career.
Ayurvedic Health Counselor Unit 4: Ayurvedic Anatomy and Physiology II
This unit is our second installment of ayurvedic anatomy and physiology beyond the doshas. New in this session is the introduction of the concept of srotas—the channels through which energy and nutrients flow throughout the body. In this session you will:
- Become more even more familiar with the properties of agni
- Learn about the 13 main forms of agni and their functions, including jathara agni (the main form of agni)
- Be able to recognize the signs of healthy agni compared to the signs of impaired agni
- Consider the relationship between agni and the dhatus
- Be introduced to the concept of srotas (channels) and their role in supporting health
Learn to recognize signs and symptoms of vitiated srotamsi (channels) and possible causes of these disturbances
Go deeper into ayurvedic anatomy and continue your in depth study of agni (digestive fire) as the root of a healthy life, including its properties, 13 main forms, and signs of healthy and impaired agni. We will explore the relationship between agni, the dhatus (tissues), and the balanced or imbalanced flow through the srotamsi (channels) and overall health and well being.
This session marks the halfway point in your journey toward an advanced career in ayurveda as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor!
*To fulfill the requirements for professional membership with NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association) as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor, 50 supervised client contact hours are required.
Requirements for Ayurvedic Health Counselor Certification:
- Completion of all four units of the Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist program, or comparable foundational program
- Completion of the Torchbearer Program: 10 supervised case study phone calls
- Completion of all eight units of the Ayurvedic Health Counselor program
- 50 supervised client contact hours obtained through the Torchbearer phone calls, on-site supervision, and Ayurvedic Health Counselor supervision phone calls
- 200-hour yoga teacher certification from a Yoga Alliance recognized yoga school (participation in the program without this prerequisite is permitted, however 200-hour certification must be obtained before Ayurvedic Health Counselor certification may be issued)
This program has been recognized by and is registered with NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association).
Please contact our certifications department for more information about this and other recognized programs at email@example.com.
*Accommodations are not included in the tuition price.
Kathryn Templeton, MA, RDT/MT, E-500 RYT, C-IAYT. Ayurvedic practitioner Kathryn Templeton has devoted her life to the health of others. A psychotherapist for 30 years, Kathryn is a Master Teacher in the ...
See full bio.