Awakening to the Subtle Body: Chakras, Pranayama, and Sacred Yogic Texts | June 7-July 3, 2021
Our 300-hour yoga teacher training program offers yoga teachers from all traditions and backgrounds the opportunity to advance their studies and deepen their practice in a truly meaningful and transformative way. Our teachings draw from the source of yoga, based in guidance passed down by Swami Rama—a true yogic master who founded the Himalayan Institute—and rooted in yogic scriptures.
When you enroll in the Himalayan Institute’s 300-hour teacher training course, you don’t just train to become a more experienced teacher—you get the opportunity to participate in one of the most excellent teacher training programs in the world, and learn from dedicated, experienced teachers who represent the unbroken lineage of the Himalayan Tradition. Through their guidance, you will acquire the wisdom and knowledge to confidently interpret and convey the deeper meaning of yoga.
The Himalayan Institute’s 300-hour teacher training course will offer you comprehensive experience and teaching skills in the following areas:
- Advanced teaching methods
- Subtle body anatomy
- Breath Training and pranayama
- Systematic relaxation
- Deeper dimensions of yoga philosophy
- Yogic lifestyle
- Anatomy and physiology
Whether you wish to develop your skills for teaching yoga classes, or broaden your personal application of yoga through an advanced teacher training course, our 300-hour program is an excellent way to become proficient in concepts initially touched upon in 200-hour yoga teacher training courses.
Due to the unique needs of our current time, our 2021 300-hour yoga teacher training program will consist of three online modules. Completion of all three modules is required prior to graduation from the program. This highly experiential online format gives you the opportunity to participate in an intensive course of study and practice from the comfort of your own home while maintaining the deeply transformative benefit of the program. You will join a community of teachers and practitioners from all over the world connected by the yoga tradition. Please note that, at this time, we are unsure of the program format for 2022, but will most likely offer a combination of in-person and online participation.
This 300-hour yoga teacher training course is registered with Yoga Alliance.
In this segment of our teacher training program you will:
- Participate in a personal study and exploration of the subtle body
- Refine your understanding of chakras as doorways to pure consciousness, and integrate this knowledge into the practice of asana with a chakra focus
- Learn more about the five prana vayus in relation to breathing, prana, and pranayama
- Develop or deepen your personal practice of pranayama, and learn how to offer these potent practices to students in a balanced and helpful way
- Refine your skills of effective and powerful class sequencing
- Learn about the role sacred yogic texts in the enrichment of practice and teaching
- Explore key aspects of the Bhagavad Gita as a foundation for understanding the four paths of yoga, dharma, and the wheel of karma
- Practice traditional yogic meditation techniques to develop or deepen your personal meditation practice, and learn to teach meditation fundamentals to your students
- Enhance your credibility as a yoga teacher by skillfully incorporating Sanskrit into your teaching, and learn traditional Sanskrit prayers and chants to apply in your own practice
A 200-hour yoga teacher certification from a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School
Online Attendance and Participation Guidelines:
- Participation in at least one live session per day is required
- All sessions will be recorded and available to watch four hours after they air live
- Students must submit a brief summary of each session not attended live with 3-5 bullet points listing the main subject matter of the session
- All sessions will be available to view for 30 days after the end date of the program
- Students will need to coordinate with other students in order to participate in the independent group work assignments, therefore individual email addresses will be shared within the training group
- Students are responsible for downloading Zoom to their personal computers and ensuring that they are comfortable with operating the program
- Link and instructions for joining the program will be sent prior to the start date
Small Group Assignments:
Students will be divided into small groups to work together on practice teaching assignments. These groups will be scheduled independently by the group members according to their availability using the virtual meeting program of your choice. Students are expected to be flexible and participate in these small groups as an important part of the training program.
Chat & Chai Sessions:
In order to be able to connect with students informally, as well as to be available to answer questions our faculty will host several Chat and Chai sessions.
- A teaching log of 100 hours taught from the time you received your 200-hour yoga teacher certification
- Satisfactory participation in group teaching assignments
- Satisfactory completion of a written knowledge assessment prior to graduation from the program
The Himalayan Institute is fully accredited by Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga School.
Questions about the program? Please email us at email@example.com or call (570)–253–5551 ext 42