Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) course provides students with a foundation for healthy, holistic, and joyful living. Students seeking to become teachers, current teachers with or without previous training, and students who simply wish to enhance their practice and deepen their overall understanding of yoga will find this course comprehensive, inspiring, and life changing.
- Deepen your own practice, enhance your health, and stay present in your life.
- Design and teach classes that combine an overall therapeutic focus with a safe sequencing of postures.
- Integrate sound alignment principles and provide safe adjustments.
- Provide modifications for beginning, injured, or intermediate level students.
- Develop your own style and voice by accessing the teacher within you.
- Market yourself effectively and get started as an instructor
The following topics will be covered in the training:
- Anatomy and Physiology, Pathology and Injury
- Yoga History and Philosophy, Sanskrit, Yamas & Niyamas, Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras, Chakras, Kundalini
- Asana Techniques – Alignment Principles, Adjustments, Modifications, Meditation, Pranayama, Mantras, Bandhas
- Teaching Methodology – Sequencing Classes, Lesson Planning, Assisting, Student Teaching
- Introduction to Ayurveda – Determine your Dosha, Balancing, Nutrition
- Special Practices – Restorative Yoga, Therapeutic Yoga, and Women’s Issues (pregnanacy, menstruation and menpause), Yoga Nidra, Home Practice
- Business of Yoga
This 200 hour yoga teacher training is certified by Yoga Alliance. In order for you to get the most out of your training, the following is required:
- Attend the entire 9-month program.
- Daily practice of asana, pranayama and meditation for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Once a week vinyasa asana class at JOY.
- Practice yama and niyama.
- Write regularly in sadhana journal.
- Create flashcards for learned asanas.
- Write several 1-2 page book reports.
- Write evaluation of one yoga class you have attended between each session.
- Read from required textbooks.
- Three classes assisting another teacher.
- Practice Seva by teaching five community classes.
The investment for the 200-hour YTT course is $3400 (includes CT sales tax), payable by cash, check, Visa or Mastercard. Tuition includes materials, books and a weekend at the world-renowned Himalayan Institute.
5% Discount Option: Non-refundable deposit of $250 due with application plus $2980 by April 1, 2017.
Payment Plan Option: Non-refundable deposit of $250 due with application plus $450 by April 1 and 6 payments of $450 due the 15th of each month from May-October.