*This program will be offered in two formats, in-person and online webinar.
Vishoka Meditation is grounded in the direct experience of Buddha, Patanjali, and a long line of Siddha Masters. It embodies the heart and soul of the Yoga Sutra, Lotus Sutra, and Shiva Sutra. So far in the west, partial techniques have been introduced as independent systems of meditation. This tendency compromises the efficacy of such meditative techniques, and meditators are left with limited results. Vishoka Meditation is not just a technique, rather, a complete system to reclaim our inner radiance and train our mind to remain clear, focused, firm, productive, and joyful in all circumstances and situations in life. This timeless practice is taught succinctly in the Yoga Sutra 1:36 and elaborated by the masters in the Sri Vidya Tradition of Tantra.
Vishoka Meditation is taught in three successive stages. The first stage is meant to help us balance the ecology of our body, calm our nervous system, restore our inner equilibrium, and lead the mind to its home base, ajna chakra—the joyful and radiant space of consciousness at the center of the forehead. This stage of the practice enables us to conquer our self-defeating tendencies, and become master of our mind and a loving friend of our heart. The mastery of the first stage of Vishoka opens the door to the second stage of the practice, which is for unleashing the unbound powers and possibilities hidden deep in our own mind. This leads to the third and final stage—experiencing our oneness with our primordial friend, provider, and protector, the Divinity that resides in all of us.
In this program, we’ll learn the dynamics of the first stage of Vishoka Meditation—prerequisites and precautions, training the body to cooperate with the mind, breathing techniques to restore the ecology of the body, relaxation techniques to calm the nervous system, pranayama techniques to energize the mind, concentration techniques to free the mind from disturbing thoughts, and a sequence of practices to turn the mind inward to explore and find its inherent joy and brilliance.
This program is designed to take you deeper into what is described in Pandit Tigunait’s latest book, Vishoka Meditation—The Yoga of Inner Radiance, and elaborate the subtle points which require the direct guidance of a teacher who has mastered the practice. The ultimate goal of the program is to help you immerse in the practice and gain first-hand experience found only in deeper states of meditation.
- Learn the essential wisdom and spiritual origins of Vishoka Meditation through the life stories of masters from the Himalayan Tradition
- Explore how Vishoka Meditation draws upon the Yoga Sutra, Lotus Sutra and Shiva Sutra as a unique synthesis of yoga and tantra
- Experience the power of pranic awareness as the gateway to unlocking the deeper power of the mind and senses
- Daily classes, practicums and guided practices to help you experientially learn each step of Vishoka meditation
- Group practice of Vishoka Meditation in the spiritually vibrant, consecrated space of the Sri Vidya Shrine
- Opportunity to extend your stay to deepen your practice in the Sri Vidya Shrine
- Includes complimentary access to the digital companion ecourse, featuring guided practices and the essential teachings of Vishoka Meditation
- This program is strongly recommended for the upcoming Teachers Training Program in Vishoka Meditation
*Attend this event live, in-person, here on our campus in Honesdale, Pennsylvania, or attend digitally in webinar format.
All sessions will be delivered over live video for all webinar participants.