Imagine a life free from pain and sorrow, and infused with joy and tranquility. The ancient yogis called this state vishoka, and insisted that we all can reach it. Vishoka Meditation is a comprehensive system of meditation designed to help us reach this experience.
The heart of Vishoka Meditation is a technique that is spiritually-grounded, yet highly systematic and experiential. But Vishoka Meditation is more than technique—it is a living practice supported by a rich body of wisdom, refined over countless generations.
The Vishoka Meditation Teacher Training certification program was created to share the practice of Vishoka Meditation far and wide. We believe meditation is a powerful force for positive change.
If you’re passionate about changing the world, and are a yoga teacher or advanced yoga practitioner interested in sharing meditation with your students and community, this meditation certification program is perfect for you.
About the Tradition of Vishoka Meditation
Vishoka Meditation is grounded in the authentic wisdom of ancient, yet living, tradition embodied by luminaries including Buddha, Patanjali, and a long line of Siddha masters. Drawing upon both yoga and tantra, Vishoka Meditation shares the essence of ancient source texts including the Yoga Sutra, Lotus Sutra and Shiva Sutra.
Passed down for thousands of years, the practice of Vishoka Meditation was distilled for the 21st century practitioner by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD, a modern-day master, spiritual head of the Himalayan Institute, and successor to Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
Vishoka Meditation is the culmination of decades of work by the Himalayan Institute to bring the Himalayan Tradition’s deeper teachings of meditation to the West. This system of meditation is fully grounded in the eight limbs of yoga, and further enriched by essential teachings of tantra and yoga lifestyle.
- Comprehensive coverage of the main body of Vishoka Meditation as well as all of its supporting and preparatory practices, as noted in the Vishoka Meditation book.
- A focus on understanding and gaining experiential proficiency in a precise set of meditative techniques designed to unite mind and breath, and turn them inward.
- Thorough review of how diaphragmatic breath training and sitting posture are the foundation for Vishoka Meditation.
- Understanding the role of prana, pranic-awareness, pranically-oriented asana and systematic relaxation in Vishoka Meditation, including both theory and practice.
- Key principles of yogic lifestyle and holistic wellness that underpin Vishoka Meditation.
- The methodology for sequencing and prioritizing the various practices, particularly the preparatory and supporting practices, which fall within the system of Vishoka Meditation.
- Understanding how the practice of Vishoka Meditation can be expressed to meet your student’s unique needs.
- Key teaching techniques which are required to effectively teach Vishoka Meditation and its supporting practices.
- Exploring the relationship between Vishoka Meditation and other styles and traditions of yoga and meditation.
- Exploring the wisdom tradition which is the source of Vishoka Meditation, including key masters and source texts in this tradition and their relationship to Vishoka Meditation.
- Comprehensive training in the family of Vishoka Meditation educational products that the Vishoka Meditation Teacher Training certification qualifies you to teach, including reviewing class outlines and other curriculum materials which you can use to teach Vishoka Meditation.
- Vishoka Meditation brand guidelines and best practices to be an effective Vishoka Meditation ambassador.
- This program uses an intensive training format of 6-8 contact hours per day, to immerse you in the study, practice and teaching techniques of Vishoka Meditation.
- Sessions will be a blend of lecture and practicum to create an experiential learning environment.
- On most mornings there will be a guided practice session to give you a direct experience of how Vishoka Meditation can be integrated into a yoga class or be the anchor element for a guided meditation class.
- The curriculum includes teaching techniques and practice teaching opportunities.
- There will be opportunities for private appointments with Panditji and HI faculty
- There will be opportunities for personal and group meditation in the Sri Vidya Shrine.
Sample Daily Schedule:
- 6:45–8:00 a.m. Guided Practice
- 8:00–8:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 9:30–12 p.m. Morning Session
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. Lunch
- 3–4:30 p.m. Afternoon Session (some sessions may be 2:30–5 p.m.)
- 6:00–7:00 p.m. Dinner
- 7:30–9:00 p.m. Evening Session
- One free evening is scheduled during the training. Schedule is subject to change.
- You are invited to join the Himalayan Institute residential community at the Sri Vidya Shrine for morning and evening group prayers and meditation at 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. ; and Sri Sukta group recitation at 12:30 p.m.
Benefits of being a Certified Vishoka Meditation Teacher:
- Listing on the Himalayan Institute website’s directory of certified Vishoka Meditation teachers
- Ability to officially reference your credential as a certified Vishoka Meditation teacher
- Receive class outlines and curriculum materials for all the Vishoka Meditation educational offerings this certification covers, so you can offer the Vishoka Meditation course and guided practices to your students
- Only certified Vishoka Meditation teachers will be authorized to teach the Vishoka Meditation offerings covered in this certification, and to use the Vishoka Meditation brand in relation to those offerings (subject to approved brand usage guidelines)
- Ability to bundle the Vishoka Meditation Digital Companion Course with your offerings of the Vishoka Meditation course at no additional cost.
- Himalayan Institute will issue a Practitioner’s Certificate to all students who successfully complete your offering of the Vishoka Meditation course.
- You will receive wholesale discounts for any Vishoka Meditation products which you purchase in bulk for resale (subject to wholesale terms and conditions)
- Only certified Vishoka Meditation teachers will be eligible to participate in Vishoka Meditation Level 2 teacher training offerings.
- Priority registration invitation for all future Vishoka Meditation teacher training continuing education offerings.
- Access to the Vishoka Meditation teacher’s online community (initially a Facebook private group), as well as Vishoka Meditation teachers-only community events.
- Opportunities to receive ongoing personal guidance from the Vishoka Teachers Training faculty.
- This program qualifies for Yoga Alliance CEUs
- Completion of the Vishoka Meditation Master Course (either the inaugural offering in May 2020, the August 2020 in-person offering, or the September 2020 webinar offering).
- Required reading: Vishoka Meditation
- A 200-hour yoga teacher training certification from a Yoga Alliance recognized yoga school OR comparable proficiency in yoga
- Completion of the Vishoka Meditation At-home Practice Immersion Webinar
- 500-hour yoga teacher training certification from a Yoga Alliance recognized yoga school
- Prior participation in advanced trainings with Pandit Rajmani Tigunait and other HI Faculty
- 3+ years of experience teaching yoga
- Attendance in this certification program is by application only.
- Price: $1108 (includes a non-refundable $108 application fee)
- Post-Training Certification Process
- Complete the Vishoka Meditation Teacher Training course
- Successfully complete the Vishoka Meditation Teacher Certification knowledge assessment. This is an at-home proficiency assessment on the material covered in the Vishoka Meditation book and Vishoka Meditation Teacher Certification course.
- Self-reflection essay / practice journal after completing a 40-day Vishoka Meditation at-home practice.
- Self-reflection essay / teaching journal after having completed 20 hours of practice teaching of Vishoka Meditation.
- Annual certification dues of $108 (first year included in the $1108 tuition)
- Accommodations are not included in the $1108 tuition price. Please contact our reservations department at 800-822-4547, option 2, for pricing information on accommodations.
For More Information:
Phone: (570) 616-3329 or (800) 822-4547 x91
Himalayan Institute Certifications
952 Bethany Turnpike
Honesdale, PA 18431-4041, USA