Online Zoom Format
In order to accommodate the unique restrictions currently in place, we are now offering the Vishoka Meditation Teacher Training fully online between April 4—28, 2022. Training sessions are held five days per week at an average of four hours per day. Due to time-sensitive pre-training assignments, applications will be accepted through March 4, 2022.
Imagine a life free from pain and sorrow, and infused with joy and tranquility. The ancient yogis called this state vishoka, and insisted that we all can reach it. Vishoka Meditation is a comprehensive system of meditation designed to help us reach this experience.
The heart of Vishoka Meditation is a technique that is spiritually-grounded, yet highly systematic and experiential. But Vishoka Meditation is more than technique—it is a living practice supported by a rich body of wisdom, refined over countless generations.
The Vishoka Meditation Teacher Training certification program was created to share the practice of Vishoka Meditation far and wide. We believe meditation is a powerful force for positive change.
If you’re passionate about changing the world, and are a yoga teacher or advanced yoga practitioner interested in sharing meditation with your students and community, this meditation certification program is perfect for you.
About the Tradition of Vishoka Meditation
Vishoka Meditation is grounded in the authentic wisdom of ancient, yet living, tradition embodied by luminaries including Buddha, Patanjali, and a long line of Siddha masters. Drawing upon both yoga and tantra, Vishoka Meditation shares the essence of ancient source texts including the Yoga Sutra, Lotus Sutra and Shiva Sutra.
Passed down for thousands of years, the practice of Vishoka Meditation was distilled for the 21st century practitioner by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD, a modern-day master, spiritual head of the Himalayan Institute, and successor to Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
Vishoka Meditation is the culmination of decades of work by the Himalayan Institute to bring the Himalayan Tradition’s deeper teachings of meditation to the West. This system of meditation is fully grounded in the eight limbs of yoga, and further enriched by essential teachings of tantra and yoga lifestyle.
- Comprehensive coverage of the main body of Vishoka Meditation as well as all of its supporting and preparatory practices, as noted in the Vishoka Meditation book.
- A focus on understanding and gaining experiential proficiency in a precise set of meditative techniques designed to unite mind and breath, and turn them inward.
- Thorough review of how diaphragmatic breath training and sitting posture are the foundation for Vishoka Meditation.
- Understanding the role of prana, pranic-awareness, pranically-oriented asana and systematic relaxation in Vishoka Meditation, including both theory and practice.
- Key principles of yogic lifestyle and holistic wellness that underpin Vishoka Meditation.
- The methodology for sequencing and prioritizing the various practices, particularly the preparatory and supporting practices, which fall within the system of Vishoka Meditation.
- Understanding how the practice of Vishoka Meditation can be expressed to meet your student’s unique needs.
- Key teaching techniques which are required to effectively teach Vishoka Meditation and its supporting practices.
- Exploring the relationship between Vishoka Meditation and other styles and traditions of yoga and meditation.
- Exploring the wisdom tradition which is the source of Vishoka Meditation, including key masters and source texts in this tradition and their relationship to Vishoka Meditation.
- Comprehensive training in the family of Vishoka Meditation educational products that the Vishoka Meditation Teacher Training certification qualifies you to teach, including reviewing class outlines and other curriculum materials which you can use to teach Vishoka Meditation.
- Vishoka Meditation brand guidelines and best practices to be an effective Vishoka Meditation ambassador.
- This program uses an intensive training format of 2-5 contact hours per day, to immerse you in the study, practice and teaching techniques of Vishoka Meditation.
- Sessions will be a blend of lecture and practicum to create an experiential learning environment.
- On most mornings there will be a guided practice session to give you a direct experience of how Vishoka Meditation can be integrated into a yoga class or be the anchor element for a guided meditation class.
- The curriculum includes teaching techniques and practice teaching opportunities.
- Himalayan Institute Faculty proctored and peer proctored group work
- Opportunity for additional informal sessions—such as a virtual chai party, and more!
Online Training Specifics:
- Participation in at least one live Zoom session per day is required
- All sessions will be recorded and available to watch four hours after they air live
- Students must submit a brief summary of each session not attended live
- All sessions will be available to view for twelve months after the end date of the program
- Students will need to coordinate with other students in order to participate in the independent group work assignments, therefore individual email addresses will be shared within the training group
- Students are responsible for downloading Zoom to their personal computers and ensuring that they are comfortable with operating the program
- Link for joining the program will be sent prior to the start date
Download The Schedule
Benefits of being a Certified Vishoka Meditation Teacher (CVMT):
- Listing on the Himalayan Institute website’s directory of Certified Vishoka Meditation Teachers
- Ability to officially reference your credential as a Certified Vishoka Meditation Teacher
- Receive class outlines and curriculum materials for all the Vishoka Meditation educational offerings this certification covers, so you can offer the Vishoka Meditation course and guided practices to your students
- Only Certified Vishoka Meditation Teachers will be authorized to teach the Vishoka Meditation offerings covered in this certification, and to use the Vishoka Meditation brand in relation to those offerings (subject to approved brand usage guidelines)
- Ability to bundle the Vishoka Meditation Digital Companion Course with your offerings of the Vishoka Meditation course at no additional cost.
- Himalayan Institute will issue a Practitioner’s Certificate to all students who successfully complete your offering of the Vishoka Meditation course.
- You will receive wholesale discounts for any Vishoka Meditation products which you purchase in bulk for resale (subject to wholesale terms and conditions)
- Only Certified Vishoka Meditation Teachers will be eligible to participate in Vishoka Meditation Level 2 teacher training offerings.
- Priority registration invitation for all future Vishoka Meditation teacher training continuing education offerings.
- Access to the Vishoka Meditation teacher’s online community (initially a Facebook private group), as well as Vishoka Meditation teachers-only community events.
- Opportunities to receive ongoing personal guidance from the Vishoka Teachers Training faculty.
- This program qualifies for 70 Yoga Alliance CEUs
- Ongoing access to all VMTT training videos and other training materials for as long as you retain your Certified Vishoka Meditation Teacher credentials
- 500-hour yoga teacher training certification from a Yoga Alliance recognized yoga school
- Prior participation in advanced trainings with Pandit Rajmani Tigunait and other HI Faculty
- 3+ years of experience teaching yoga
- Attendance in this certification program is by application only.
- $1299 (includes Teacher Manual, handouts and other course materials)
- $108 non-refundable application fee
- Pre-Training Assignments: please note there are two pre-training assignments that must be completed by March 28, one week before the start day of training
- Vishoka Meditation Book Study Assignment
- Self-reflection essay / practice journal after completing a pre-training 40-day Vishoka Meditation at-home practice (Vishoka Meditation 40-Day At-Home Practice can be used for this assignment).
- Post-Training Assignments and Certification Process
- Complete the Vishoka Meditation Teacher Training course
- Successfully complete the Vishoka Meditation Teacher Certification knowledge assessment. This is an at-home proficiency assessment on the material covered in the Vishoka Meditation book and Vishoka Meditation Teacher Certification course.
- Self-reflection essay / practice journal after completing a post-training 40-day Vishoka Meditation at-home practice.
- Self-reflection essay / teaching journal after having completed 30 hours of practice teaching of Vishoka Meditation.
- Annual certification dues of $108 (first year included in the cost tuition)
Download Complete Program Summary
Application deadline: March 4, 2021
For More Information:
Phone: (570) 616-0824 or (800) 822-4547 x42
Himalayan Institute Certifications
952 Bethany Turnpike
Honesdale, PA 18431-4041, USA