“Vishoka Meditation is grounded in the direct experience of the sages of the Himalayan Tradition, including Buddha and Patanjali, and embodies yoga’s essential wisdom on the path of meditation. So far in the west, partial techniques have been introduced as independent systems of meditation. This tendency compromises the efficacy of such meditative techniques, and meditators are left with limited results. Vishoka Meditation is not just a technique, but rather is a complete system to reclaim our inner radiance and train our mind to remain clear, focused, firm, productive, and joyful in all circumstances and situations in life” – Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD
The Vishoka Meditation® Course is the official companion to Pandit Tigunait’s Vishoka Meditation book and is designed to help you comprehensively experience the wisdom and practices described therein. In this intensive program, we’ll go through Vishoka Meditation step-by-step, and break down all the preparatory practices as well as the complete practice of Vishoka Meditation so you can learn each step systematically.
You’ll receive guidance on the subtle points of Vishoka Meditation, which require the direct guidance of a teacher proficient in this practice. This course is designed for students of all proficiencies, from those just beginning on the path of yoga or meditation, to experienced meditators and yoga teachers.
- Learn the entire system of Vishoka Meditation step-by-step through in-depth lectures and practicums, with a focus on understanding and gaining experiential proficiency in a precise set of meditative techniques designed to unite mind and breath, and turn them inward.
- Build a solid foundation for your practice by mastering all of the preparatory skills required for Vishoka Meditation, including:
- Finding a comfortable and steady sitting posture
- Diaphragmatic breath training
- Systematic relaxation techniques
- Nadi Shodhana pranayama
- So Hum pranayama
- Building up to the complete practice of Vishoka Meditation by systematically learning:
- Aharana pranayama
- Samikarana pranayama
- The 5-step main body of Vishoka Meditation
- Understanding the role of prana and pranic-awareness in Vishoka Meditation, including both theory and practice. We’ll explore these concepts in context to asana, relaxation and meditative pranayamas.
- Overview of the yogic lifestyle that is the foundation of Vishoka Meditation
- Overview of the spiritual origins of Vishoka Meditation and its wisdom tradition
- Every session will include practicums and guided practice, to help you have a living experience of each technique that is part of the Vishoka Meditation system.
- Two bonus guided practice sessions (75 minute guided classes) specifically designed to integrate all of the techniques and practices which you will learn in this course. Each guided practice combines breath training, breath-oriented asana, systematic relaxation, and Vishoka Meditation.
- Receive complimentary access to the Vishoka Meditation Digital Companion course, which has 6 hours of bonus content from Pandit Rajmani Tigunait and other HI Faculty, including downloadable audio practices for all the techniques we’ll cover.
- This course is organized as two consecutive weekend sessions, delivered in an online intensive format. See schedule below
- The intensive format allows you to be fully immersed in the study and practice of Vishoka Meditation, and then digest your experience from the first session during the intervening week before the second session.
- Sessions will be available for on-demand viewing within 4 hours of the live presentation
- All sessions will continue to be available on-demand after the completion of the program. Choose between 7 days or lifetime access.
- This program is a key prerequisite for the Vishoka Meditation At-Home Practice Immersion and acceptance into the Vishoka Meditation Teacher Training
- The Vishoka Meditation At-Home Practice Immersion is a powerful compliment to the Vishoka Meditation Course. It is a 6-week webinar that meets once per week for 90 minutes, to help you begin or refine your home practice of Vishoka Meditation. This program is open only to those who have done the Vishoka Meditation Course, and focuses on experiential refinement through a 40-day practice of Vishoka Meditation.
Subject to minor changes
Part 1: Foundations for Vishoka Meditation
- Session–1: The Scope of Vishoka Meditation
- Session–2: Cultivating Healthy Breathing
- Session–3: Refining Breath Awareness into Pranic Sensitivity
- Session–4: Purifying the Energy Channels and Eliminating the Pause: Nadi Shodhana and So Hum Pranayama
- Session–5: Discovering Our Inner Space through Systematic Relaxation
- Session–6: Adopting a Yogic Lifestyle
- Bonus Guided Practice – Foundations of Vishoka Meditation Guided Practice
- This is a 75-minute class that integrates breath training, breath aligned asana, systematic relaxation, and concludes with a guided meditation of Nadi Shodhana and So Hum pranayama.
Part 2: The Complete Practice of Vishoka Meditation
- Session–7: Finding Your Seat: A Stable and Comfortable Meditation Posture
- Session–8: Bringing the Mind Back to Its Home Base: Aharana Pranayama
- Session–9: Cultivating Inner Balance: Samikarana Pranayama
- Session–10: The 5-Step Main Body of Vishoka Meditation
- Session–11: The Complete Practice of Vishoka Meditation
- Session–12: Refining our Practice of Vishoka Meditation
- Bonus Guided Practice – The Complete Practice of Vishoka Meditation – Guided Practice
- This is a 75-minute class that integrates breath training, breath aligned asana, systematic relaxation, and concludes with the complete practice of Vishoka Meditation.
All online lectures will be held on Zoom.
All of the live Zoom sessions, downloadable course materials, and playback videos will be delivered directly through your online Course Portal upon signing up. All playback videos will be available within 4 hours after the conclusion of each session.
Enjoy 7-day or full lifetime access to all videos and downloadable content after the live program is completed.
All times are US Eastern Standard Time; subject to minor changes