Do you feel like you never have enough time to process the things that happen to you, and can’t find the space to take care of yourself? Modern life can be hectic—oftentimes, our stress manifests as this perceived lack of spaciousness. Thankfully, yoga gives us a profound and accessible tool for breaking the grip of stress on our life: the breath.
Yogic breathing allows us to access practical benefits like improved sleep quality, better digestion, and greater overall health—and gives us the power to restore a feeling of spaciousness in life. But regular breath training practice has even more far-reaching effects on our life.
Yogic breathing gradually introduces us to a more subtle dimension of awareness—pranic awareness—the understanding of the vital life force that animates and supports the body and mind. When we cultivate pranic awareness, we are able to harness and contain the power we generate in our yoga practice and use it to tap into our inherent ability to heal and transform ourselves.
In this 2-day retreat, you will learn the yogic breathing essentials that will help you to establish and deepen your practice of asana and meditation, and take the pranic awareness you’ve cultivated into a more spacious experience of life.
Retreat topics include:
- Breath aligned movement asana practices to become more aware of the grounding and stabilizing experience of prana
- Breath training practices to uncover unhelpful patterns of breathing that may be negatively influencing the body and mind
- Deep relaxation techniques that help to soothe the harmful effects of stress and set the stage for deeper pranic awareness and fulfilling meditative practice
- Seated breath awareness practice that will serve as a stable foundation for more advanced meditation techniques
- Ample space to relax and rest