We are innately radiant beings, yet as we go through the darkening of the skies, shortening of the days, a seemingly never-ending pandemic, and continued world strife, we often feel dismayed and quite less than lustrous. During this time of year, we celebrate the Light through various holidays and we wish others peace on earth. Yet too often it feels like lip-service. There is a solution to making it real for us as well as for others.
This retreat will focus on specific yogic practices that have been used for over two millennia to reclaim the body’s inner luminosity and a radiant, peaceful mind. We’ll have time to practice asana, pranayama, breath awareness and meditation to experience our inherent beauty and joy. There will also be time to pause, reflect and enjoy nature, supported by a campus sacred to the Tradition of Yoga.
Our retreat time will include:
- asana – for removing dullness and enhancing innate radiance
- pranayama – to reduce stress and anxiety, and support a peaceful mind
- meditation – to restore the mind to its own unique radiance
- contemplation – to reflect on life apart from the usual busyness
- community – to be supported in our return to radiance
All session times are in Eastern Standard Time. Subject to minor changes.
- Session 1: Friday, December 10th, 7:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 2: Saturday, December 11th, 10:00am – 12:30pm
- Session 3: Saturday, December 11th, 3:00 pm – 5:30pm
- Session 4: Sunday, December 12th, 10:00am – 12:00pm