What Is Ojas?
According to ayurveda, ojas (pronounced oh-jus) is the vital sap that gives us vitality, resilience, and strong immunity. It also promotes creativity, mental clarity, compassion, and spiritual strength. In our youth, ojas is plentiful—giving us energy and vibrancy. As we age and begin to feel the effects of stress, we can become more vulnerable to fatigue, weakened immunity, and disease.
How Do You Know If Your Ojas Is Low?
Ayurveda says that low ojas can manifest in many ways: low energy, increased susceptibility to colds and flus, weak digestion, poor focus, increased anxiety, or just a lack of enthusiasm. Chances are, we all could use a healthy boost to our ojas!
How Do We Rebuild Our Ojas?
Since much of our ojas is depleted through stress, the primary way to replenish ojas is through relaxation. Therefore, this weekend retreat provides an opportunity to unwind through massage and stress-reducing classes focused on simple breathing, relaxation, and meditation techniques to calm the body and mind.
Strong ojas also arises from living a nourishing, balanced life. This weekend will give you insight into your own experience of life, and your personal tendencies that either nourish your vitality or drain it. With this knowledge, you will begin to understand how to increase ojas effectively, restoring balance and harmony to your whole system.
3 Day / 2 Night Retreat Includes:
Over this weekend, you will learn about the ayurvedic process of building ojas, restoring your inherent vitality, and reconnecting to a state of balance and well-being through ojas enhancing treatments and classes that include:
- 60-Minute Relaxing and Therapeutic Massage: Our experienced massage and bodywork therapists work with you to personalize your massage for maximum comfort and relaxation. Additional treatments or sessions are available throughout the weekend as add-ons.
- Evening Discussions on Ayurvedic Health at Home: Evening discussions are organized to introduce you to foundational ayurvedic concepts, self-care routines, and dietary practices designed to increase your self-knowledge.
- 90-minute Stress Reducing Practicum: These gentle classes are designed to help you work with gentle, breath connected movement and relaxation practices to help you restore vitality and release stress in your body and mind.
During the retreat, ample downtime is built-in for you to schedule additional treatments and relax in your own unique way. Add-on services include:
- Additional massage treatments including ayurvedic Garshana, Shirodhara and/or steam; Thai Yoga massage; Jin Shin Jyutsu, Reiki or Craniosacral therapy
- Biofeedback therapy to assess vagal tone, heart rate variability and improve relaxation skills
- Personalized one-on-one yoga sessions to create or refine a home practice
- A consultation with an integrative medicine health professional (physician or nurse practitioner)
The program begins with an orientation on Friday evening and concludes at lunch on Sunday.
Amenities Beyond Your Daily Treatment Schedule:
In addition to the weekend retreat schedule of lecture, practicum, and massage, you will have access to:
- Morning yoga classes (postponed due to Covid-19)
- 3 Vegetarian meals daily
- Explorations in self-awareness
- Meditation in the Sri Vidya Shrine
- 400 acres of wooded hiking trails and vistas
- The MarketPlace Bookstore and Giftshop
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
De-stress and Fortify Retreat