The daily rigors and stresses of life add up, causing blockages in our body and mind. By taking a break to clear out environmental, dietary, mental and emotional congestion, you will find a sense of renewal and expanded vitality to re-energize you in your daily life.
Your cleansing week begins the moment you drive onto our 400 acre campus, nestled in the beauty of the rolling Pocono Mountains. Serenity and peace welcome you with complimentary hot tea and meditative surroundings.
The Pure Rejuvenation Retreat Includes:
- Individual consultations with medical director, Dr. Carrie Demers, MD
- Daily cleansing massages and therapeutic relaxation
- Steam therapy for further toxin removal
- Special relaxing oil therapies such as shirodhara and nasya
- Gentle morning hatha yoga classes
- Light, simple, and nutritiously cleansing meals served three times a day, featuring kitchari, a traditional ayurvedic cleansing dish, vegetable soups, whole grains, and chutneys (all gluten-free)
- Freshly squeezed, organic juices served twice per day
- Biofeedback sessions to help with stress management and breath training
- Evening lectures and discussion on a variety of topics regarding cleansing, ayurveda, meditation, and relaxation techniques
- A personal take-home plan for continued success after the retreat has ended
Plenty of down time is allowed for you to rest and detox in your own personal way. You may also find a sense of comfort in connecting with the intimate group, set at a maximum of 8 attendees. Enjoy the personal attention of our experienced team of wellness professionals, here for you every step of the way, so you can leave your worries at home and focus completely on deep cleansing and relaxation.
This cleansing retreat is designed for complete nourishment, and as such does not involve fasting, which can actually rob the body of important nutrients and slow your metabolism. Our professional chefs will prepare three fresh, light meals per day that will aid the body in detoxing and recharging. These meals will nourish your body’s internal detoxification system, thereby increasing and supporting the natural capacity you have to cleanse and restore. You may lose weight, and you will definitely feel lighter, more energized, and buoyant.
Open the door to a feeling of clarity and harmony in your body and life.
Who Manages the Program?
The entire retreat is overseen and managed by the medical director of PureRejuv Wellness Center, Dr. Carrie Demers. Board-certified in both integrative medicine and internal medicine, Dr. Demers blends modern medicine with proven alternative and holistic methods to treat a variety of health concerns. Her dedication to empowering individuals to reclaim their inner healing potential is evident in her compassionate and detailed approach to her practice. She will work closely with your retreat team to prescribe customized treatments based on your current mental, physical, and medical condition. Dr. Demers is with you every step of this cleansing process, encouraging you and supporting you along the way so you gain the most benefit from your immersive retreat experience.
The program begins with orientation on Thursday evening and concludes at lunch on Monday.
Amenities Beyond Your Daily Treatment Schedule
In addition to the weekend retreat schedule of lecture, practicum and massage, you will have access to:
- 400 acres of wooded hiking trails and vistas
- Sacred Grove Cafe
- The MarketPlace Bookstore and Giftshop
- 24 Hour Tea Lounge
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
I felt like an entire team was involved in my overall health. I didn’t have to repeat aspects of my life. Each staff member generally knew my profile and story, which allowed them to more deeply engage with my health.
Pure Rejuvenation gave me space to rejuvenate and calm down. I also got some wonderful take home practices that I hope to do my whole life.
Ayurvedic approaches are not new to me, but the Pure Rejuv retreat has refocused me. My necessary physical and emotional routines have been jumpstarted.
The massage was one of the best I’ve ever had, and I’ve been getting massages for over 30 years. I felt – and still feel – wonderful after the massage. She addressed my specific needs, and was therapeutic, relaxing, and wonderful.