Are you certified to teach yoga at the 500-hour level? Would you like to earn the most respected credential in the yoga field (C-IAYT) and work as a professional yoga therapist?
You may be eligible for advanced placement. To find out if you qualify go to: https://www.spandayoga.com/copy-of-himalayan-tradition-500-tra
Transfer Bridge Program: July 18–22, 2018
This five full-day intensive focuses on the unique elements of the Spanda® approach to yoga therapy to ensure readiness for coursework in the advanced year. Additional homework prepares qualified transfer students for the advanced coursework.
The advanced program takes place in three training modules at the Himalayan Institute on October 5–14, 2018, March 29–April 7, 2019, and September 6–15, 2019. Homework and yoga therapy mentored practicum takes place between residential segments to support progress. Space is very limited, so please apply early!
Why chose Spanda® Yoga Movement Therapy
As a Spanda® Yoga Movement Therapist you’ll be able to elegantly design and sensitively implement therapeutic strategies that meet the challenges of being human. Our program provides substantial depth of knowledge and breadth of skill.
Spanda® Yoga Movement Therapy is:
- Comprehensive. Coursework is tailored to cover both eastern and western models of health, disease, and healing at the functional, structural, mental-psychological, energetic, and spiritual levels. Practical application arises from a well-articulated vocabulary of practice grounded in clinical use for the past forty years.
- Integrative. Each aspect of your training is presented with the whole in mind and is carefully orchestrated to interweave your continuously deepening levels of knowledge, understanding, and proficiency.
- Visionary. You’ll have opportunity to develop reliable observation skills using multiple channels of perception that mature sensitivities befitting yogic adepts. Graduates are prepared to co-create the future of yoga therapy with integrity, imagination, and wisdom.
- Rooted in Authentic Yoga. This training arises out of the Samaya Sri Vidya lineage (a layered complement of Yoga, Vedanta, and Tantra) and complementary expertise in the lineage of Kundalini Vidya.
- Informed by Western Medicine. Grounding in western biomedical research and practice gives you the ability to understand your clients’ concerns through the eyes of this perspective in order to seamlessly integrate your work with mainstream healthcare providers.
- Taught by Clinically Experienced Experts. Every member of our unparalleled faculty is an expert with at least one decade—most with several decades—of therapeutic experience in their field. Our faculty consists of yogis whose lives have been devoted to alleviating others’ suffering through yogic methods.
Spanda® Yoga Movement Therapy is focused on developing each yoga therapist’s skill, insight, and knowledge in addressing the unique pattern of concerns of individuals who find their way into this sacred relationship.