What Is Panchakarma?
Panchakarma, a small therapeutic retreat for a maximum of 8 people, is the preeminent healing and detoxification process in traditional ayurvedic medicine. According to ayurveda, this cleanse is one of the most effective treatments in healing disease, clearing toxins, and restoring balance to the body.
Ayurveda believes all illness stems from toxin (ama) accumulation and energetic imbalances in the body and mind. Through the gentle, yet comprehensive purification offered in Panchakarma, these toxins are cleared and energies are brought into harmony. You will feel cleaner, energized, and more vibrant in body and mind.
Whether you seek a simple seasonal re-balancing or an in-depth therapeutic evaluation for more serious concerns, this restorative cleanse will bring rejuvenation and healing. Our experienced wellness team has been leading the panchakarma cleansing retreat for the past twenty years, and they have the expertise and respect to honor your self-care journey toward restoration. Join us for five days of purification, healing, and renewal.
Who Manages the Program?
The entire retreat is overseen and managed by Dr. Carrie Demers and Dr. Theresa Oswald. In addition to their individual medical specialties, both physicians are board-certified in integrative medicine, blending modern medicine with proven alternative and holistic methods to treat a variety of health concerns. Their dedication to empowering individuals to reclaim their inner healing potential is evident in their compassionate and detailed approach to their medical practices. Both physicians will work closely with your retreat team to prescribe customized treatments based on your current mental, physical, and medical condition. Dr. Demers and Dr. Oswald are with you every step of this cleansing process, encouraging you and supporting you along the way so that you gain the most benefit from your immersive retreat experience.
Highlights from the Five-Day Panchakarma Retreat:
Enjoy the personal attention of an experienced team of health professionals, and three days of treatments that will include:
- Individual medical consultations with one of our board certified physicians
- Daily cleansing massages and therapeutic relaxation
- Steam therapy for further toxin removal
- Special relaxing oil therapies such as shirodhara and nasya
- Private group morning hatha yoga classes
- Light, simple, and nutritiously cleansing vegetarian meals served three times a day, featuring kitchari, a traditional ayurvedic cleansing dish, vegetable soups, whole grains, and chutneys (all gluten-free)
- Freshly squeezed, organic juices served twice per day
- Building Resilience sessions to help with stress management and breath training
- Evening lectures and discussion on a variety of topics regarding cleansing, ayurveda, meditation, and relaxation techniques
- A personal take-home plan for continued success after the retreat has ended
Amenities Beyond Your Daily Treatment Schedule
In addition to your daily treatment schedule you will have access to:
- 400 acres of wooded hiking trails and vistas
- The MarketPlace Bookstore and Gift Shop
- 24 Hour Tea Lounge
- Unlimited Wi-Fi