Prana-samachare sama-darshanam Shiva Sutra 3.22
“The experience of equanimity comes from the even flow of prana.”
—Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
Steady your mind and body in this time of uncertainty! We’ll explore the anatomy of the subtle body, common energy leaks, and various ways to strengthen our energy bodies and empower “digestion” of life experiences. With a deeper understanding of tantric anatomy, any practice of asana, pranayama, and bandhas can balance and stabilize the flow of prana and unfold presence of mind, self-awareness, and meditation. Join us and experience just how rewarding a well-planned practice can be.
- Triune brain and the three-bodies model of tantric yoga
- Tantric anatomy of the subtle body
- Cultivating the even flow of prana with alignment and activation in asana, bandha, and pranayama practice
- Refine your practice of pranayamas like ujjayi and bhastrika based on subtle body anatomy
- Explore the seven “possessors” that block connection to our essence self
- Common energy leaks based on habits of mind and faulty world view; and how to strengthen the energy body
- Himalayan Institute meditation method to strengthen the mind
Each live on-line session includes about an hour of presentation based on tantric and yogic texts, and 15 minutes of questions and discussion. Each week we’ll also have an hour-long live class to incorporate some of the ideas under discussion in the practice of asana, pranayama, and developing inner awareness.
The course includes:
- Six on-line live sessions
- Weekly practice session with presenter
- PDF downloads of course syllabus and lecture notes
- Links to the Wisdom Library at HimalayanInstitute.org for home practice
- 30-day free trial membership to the Himalayan Institute
- On-line access to the course after the live sessions; watch at your convenience
Online sessions will be held weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays beginning Monday April 27, 7:30–8:45pm and ending Wednesday May 13, 7:30–8:45pm.