This empowering women’s retreat connects you to your inherent courageous heart through yoga, meditation, writing, art, and time in nature.
You are invited to join Jennifer Kreatsoulas and Kanjana Hartshorne at the scenic and peaceful Himalayan Institute May 1 to 3 for the Courageous Heart Yoga Retreat, where you will explore how to rebuild healthy and compassionate connections with your true self – body, heart, and soul.
At this year’s retreat you will explore how to cultivate and call on courage in your relationship with your body. No doubt it takes tremendous courage to feel kind toward our body in a world that thrives on unrealistic beauty ideals and external validation. We can lose our connection with our personal power and feel discontent with our body. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to teach simple yet powerful ways to practice compassion and connection with your body; experience more peace and grace in the unscripted chaos of life; develop mindfulness skills; and cultivate more appreciation for your unique values and qualities.
This Special Weekend Includes
- Five healing and empowering sessions on creating kind relationships with our bodies
- Yoga practices that include poses, meditation, guided visualization, mantra, and yoga philosophy to illuminate our discussions and cultivate self-connection
- Meaningful and supportive discussion
- Journaling, art, and other creative activities
- Delicious soul-nourishing food
- Rest and relaxation
- Additional amenities offered at the Himalayan Institute
- Plus a private guided hike for our group, a fire-pit pondside party, and a chai tea welcome party
Themes We Will Explore Include but Are Not Limited To:
- How do I relate to my body?
- How do I talk to my body?
- How did my body image develop?
- How do my emotions affect my body image?
- How does my body language and body image affect my emotions?
- How can we use tools from yoga therapy to help us cultivate compassion for our bodies?
- How can we practice gratitude for what your bodies do for us?
- How do we give ourselves permission to pursue a life beyond external validation and be freed from superficial comparisons and judgment?
- What’s the difference between tolerance, acceptance, respect, love, and kindness?
- How do we move forward with connection to self and others?
Who Should Come?
This retreat is appropriate for women who want to explore how to feel more confident and content in their bodies. Whether you struggle with body image because of your past, weight, race, size, ability, aging, illness, or more, we invite you to join us. No yoga experience is necessary.
About the Yoga Sessions
Kanjana and Jennifer’s yoga classes are beginner-friendly, gentle, trauma-sensitive, and unique. Building upon the themes of the retreat, we use our bodies to turn inward, connecting to our innate courage, wisdom, and grace. Our participants often comment on how different our yoga classes are compared to what’s offered in their community. The focus here is less on fitness and more on connecting with the self.
Tuition: $545 (payment plan available)
*Space is limited to 11 participants. Reserve your spot ASAP!
Room & Board
A shared room and includes vegetarian meals through the weekend, optional yoga classes and meditation/prayer groups, complimentary Wi-Fi, unlimited hot beverages in the Tea Lounge, and access to the Himalayan Institute’s picturesque 400-acre campus offering breathtaking views, scenic trails, and peaceful spaces for reflection and contemplation.
To reserve your room by phone, call (570) 253-5551 ext #1.
*10% Early Bird Discount Available Through November 15, 2019.
*Space is limited; reserve your spot!
*Continuing education units for yoga teachers registered with the Yoga Alliance.
*Up to 11 CEUs for social workers in PA and social workers, marriage and family therapists, and licensed professional counselors in PA and NJ. Other professionals who wish to pursue credentials in their field may contact Kanjana Hartshorne at Kanjana@HealingHeartsWellness.com to receive the detailed clinical description of the retreat.
I highly recommend this retreat to anyone who struggles with self-doubt and body-image-related issues. Kanjana and Jennifer provide a safe place to explore who you are and where you want to be.
Through introspective art and journaling activities, yoga therapy, breath work, and the love and support of our group, I went back home to Florida with a renewed sense of self-love, a new understanding of how it feels to be truly connected to my body, and a goal of reprioritizing my recovery and my health, because that is the ultimate path to body kindness.
The retreat gave me the opportunity to slow down and reconnect with my body. A month later I continue to meditate every day and I have the energy to take on my day. As a mental health professional, that value is unspeakable. Thank you!
- Full refund for cancellations 60 days before the event start date.
- Partial refund of $200 for cancellations between 30 and 59 days before the event start date.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations from 29 days before the event.
- We highly recommend getting travel insurance to protect yourself in case of emergencies.
We would love for you to join us for the Courageous Heart Yoga Retreat! Have questions? Feel free to get in touch. We will happily answer all your questions.