In this 9-month blended online and on-site course, you’ll experience an in-depth, integrated exploration of the science and direct application of wholebeing positive psychology.
Apply this whole-person approach personally and professionally in leadership, counseling, coaching, parenting, or teaching in order to:
- Bring about lasting change in individuals and organizations
- Develop constructive self-regard and grounded optimism
- Create healthy personal and professional relationships
- Build positive emotions and the resilience to deal with painful ones
Graduates leave with the tools, practices, and research to support an increased capacity for health, strengthened resilience, deeper mindfulness, and greater levels of overall well-being.
The program runs from April 24–December 8, 2020. The experience is delivered through live interactive webinars, virtual group interactions, pre-recorded videos, and two live immersions. The first immersion is online, Saturday, June 6, to Sunday, June 7, 2020, during which students are connected into small groups that study together. The second immersion is on-site at the Himalayan Institute in Honesdale, Pennsylvania, December 3–8, 2020, where students will present their final projects.
You Learn Through:
- Online modules that include pre-recorded video lectures by leading experts; live video webinars with core faculty and special guests focusing on the practice of positive psychology; reading assignments and homework; forum discussions and small-group work
- On-site immersions that bring together world-class faculty with students from around the world for personal interaction, dynamic exercises, and a peaceful yet powerful gathering of community
- Ongoing interaction with small groups of fellow students in an atmosphere of support and collaboration
What Students Are Saying:
“This course is the most powerful and important training program I have ever been exposed to. I use it every day.”
“The Certificate in Positive Psychology motivated me to get my ideas shaped into what I wanted to achieve. My final project was a rough version of what RISE became.”
“Wholebeing Institute allowed me to completely turn around a life focused on what I wasn’t good at to focusing on my positive strengths.”
A Whole-Body Experience
The course extends the dimensions of positive psychology with a rare whole-person approach. Rather than a cognitive-only perspective on the science of well-being, students follow the SPIRE methodology.
You have a teaching team supporting your learning experience, integrating expert advice in an organized and methodical way.
You connect with lead faculty in weekly video lectures, and that content is expanded through interviews with guest faculty. We also invite guest lecturers to join us for the live webinars and on-site immersions. This means that you’ll not only see leading experts in the online classroom, but also experience live lectures by renowned experts.
Between in-person immersions, live webinars, and recorded lectures and interviews, you’re exposed to many voices and perspectives within a consistent and cohesive learning experience.