This is a fun, intelligent, and enlightening Teen training for all child facilitators, educators or yoga teachers. Learn how to implement mindfulness and yoga with this evidence-based program for school age students
The CALMING KIDS (CK): Creating a Non-Violent World Training will increase concentration, communication, relaxation, and physical well-being, as well as decrease violence and bullying for pre-school through high school age students. The CK program offers a proven curriculum that inspires students with a positive, peaceful attitude and a system of self-confident, relaxed communication. Training participants will also find calming techniques useful for themselves, enabling them to become an effective role model for students.
For more info go to: CalmingKids.org
CALMING KIDS presents an age appropriate syllabus that utilizes:
- Mindful Movements
- Yoga Postures
- Breathing Practices
- Concentration Exercises
- Relaxation and Guided Visualization
- Teamwork Games
- Songs & Dances
- Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy
- Conflict Resolution Strategies and Role-playing Scenarios
- Non-Violent Communication Techniques
- Advice on Selecting Hand-outs and Assigning Homework
This workshop provides a step-by-step method that includes a training manual and handouts. A Special Support Materials Package is available for $50 advanced purchase or $60 day of training. Package includes: Yoga flash cards, 4 different Self-Regulation Posters, 2 Workbooks, a music CD and CALMING KIDS Stickers.
- 3 Day – Pre-school & Elementary Yoga Teacher Training (October 6 – 8, 2017) $295 $295 early bird, $345 after September 6
- 3 Day- Middle & High School Yoga Teacher Training (October 8 – 10, 2017) $295 $295 early bird pricing, $345 after September 6
- 5 Day – Pre-school through High School Yoga Teacher Training (October 6 – 10, 2017) $575 $575 early bird pricing, $625 after September 6
Upon completion of one of these Training Sessions you will be eligible to receive a Children’s Yoga Teacher Certification
This requires an additional six hours of teaching the CK program in a school, studio, clinic or setting of your choice, with a journal submission to be reviewed and discussed with a CK mentor. $75 includes a free CALMING KIDS T-Shirt.
Accommodations arranged directly through the Himalayan Institute:here
To register for one or both trainings, or to put down your non-refundable $125 deposit, visit CALMING KIDS