« All Events
- Please disable iOS Private Browsing or otherwise enable HTML Local Storage to activate all features
Ayurvedic Health Counselor Unit—3
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 @ 7:30 pm–Saturday, September 15, 2018 @ 12:30 pm
Deepen your knowledge of the science of ayurveda and become an Ayurvedic Health Counselor! In this exciting and comprehensive ayurvedic training program, you will expand upon the foundational ayurvedic knowledge you gained in the Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist program. You will explore more complex concepts of the vast and engaging science of ayurveda and broaden your scope of practice.
Nationally recognized and certified by NAMA, the Ayurvedic Health Counselor program is only available to those who have completed the Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist training program or an approved comparable program. If you are looking to make ayurveda into a career or feel your dharma is in the supportive health care industry, this program is for you! As an Ayurvedic Health Counselor you will be able to work with preventative healthcare and the promotion of health, primarily through the suggestions of diet and lifestyle changes. The Ayurvedic Health Counselor program is a nationally recognized professional certification program that will open up new doors for your holistic health and wellness career.
Ayurvedic Health Counselor Unit 3: Ayurvedic Therapies
In this unit, we will explore the exciting dimension of ayurvedic chikitsa (therapy), and how it is used for cleansing, nourishing, and dosha pacification. In this session you will:
- Learn about the 2 categories of ayurveda therapies: shamana (pacifying) and shodhana (detoxification)
- Discover how and why different types of ayurvedic therapies are performed to pacify the doshas
- Become familiar with many traditional ayurvedic therapies and how they support health
- Understand the role of massage therapy in ayurvedic treatment
- Receive an introduction to the format of classical panchakarma therapy, including preparation, main cleansing procedures, and post procedures
Experience and perform kati basti (oil treatment for the lower back), netra basti (oil treatment for the eyes), and janu basti (oil treatment for the knees)
This session incorporates hands on, experiential learning as you learn how to perform the traditional ayurvedic basti therapies and how they are used in clinical ayurvedic treatment. You will also become more familiar with other traditional ayurvedic therapies such as panchakarma, shirodhara, snehana, swedana, and more. You will come away with an understanding of how these therapies function to support a holistic healing process.
Continue your journey toward an advanced career in ayurveda as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor!
*To fulfill the requirements for professional membership with NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association) as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor, 50 supervised client contact hours are required.
Requirements for Ayurvedic Health Counselor Certification:
- Completion of all four units of the Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist program, or comparable foundational program
- Completion of the Torchbearer Program: 10 supervised case study phone calls
- Completion of all eight units of the Ayurvedic Health Counselor program
- 50 supervised client contact hours obtained through the Torchbearer phone calls, on-site supervision, and Ayurvedic Health Counselor supervision phone calls
- 200-hour yoga teacher certification from a Yoga Alliance recognized yoga school (participation in the program without this prerequisite is permitted, however 200-hour certification must be obtained before Ayurvedic Health Counselor certification may be issued)
This program has been recognized by and is registered with NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association).
Please contact our certifications department for more information about this and other recognized programs at email@example.com.
*Accommodations are not included in the tuition price.
Kathryn Templeton, MA, RDT/MT, E-500 RYT, C-IAYT. Ayurvedic practitioner Kathryn Templeton has devoted her life to the health of others. A psychotherapist for 30 years, Kathryn is a Master Teacher in the ...
See full bio.
Rosy Mann holds a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from the prestigious Guru Nanak Dev University in Amritsar, India. She practiced clinical ayurveda in India prior to coming to the United States. ...
See full bio.