Full time (40 Hours)
Schedule: Flexible Hours depending on project assignments
Come join our growing team! Our Creative Services team is looking for a highly motivated Video Editor/Graphic Design intern to assist in creating video and visual content for our online education programs, blogs and marketing team. This internship will give candidates the opportunity to be heavily involved and get hands-on experience in a thriving non-profit organization.
Keys to Success:
The ideal candidate will shoot and edit video for our online content and wellness education programs. This role requires strong interpersonal skills due to frequent one-on-one collaboration with other shooters, editors and animators as well as creative teams and senior management. This role also requires strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a very efficient and streamlined manner.
The ideal candidate must also have experience in lighting and DSLR shooting, as well as recording with both lavalier and boom microphones, and editing/mixing audio. They are also driven to learn, grow and succeed and have a passion for wellness, balanced living and integrative medicine.
- Videography: camera work, assisting with video shoots, editing raw footage (including audio tracks), and creating professional HD video materials as needed. Optimize video for use on YouTube and other social media networks.
- Create digital photographs for a wide range of projects; assist with photography shoots.
- Create graphics, illustrations and animation for visual media (including infographics, video transition slides, illustrations, etc.).
- Collaborate with creative team to produce, create and manage all published content (images and videos) to reach the company’s ideal customers.
- Propose creative concepts for potential and new projects
- Prepare digital assets using scanners and or digital cameras.
- Handle file conversions, compressions, disc authoring, and uploads.
- Assist in the creation of online, video, and print content for educational and marketing use, including, but not limited to: online e-courses, e-mail campaigns, online promotions, social media campaigns, and more.
- Past internships or experience with videography, video editing, audio recording, graphic design and photography.
- Possess functional knowledge and personal experience with the following: Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop & InDesign), Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and Avid Media Composer.
- Experience with graphic development using creative software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Powerpoint, Prezi, other).
- Display knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.)
- Display ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Eye for detail – attention to quality, accuracies, and continuity is of paramount importance in this role.
- Have an ear for audio and know how to enhance and mix it.
- Able to work successfully both independently and on team-driven projects.
- Able to work under regular deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrate an ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled.
- A passion for wellness, balanced living and integrative medicine.
- A self-starter with positive attitude and strong collaboration skills.
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all. We are looking for more than employees but for people wanting to join our community and work toward a common goal. You will be a part of our community living environment which functions on mutual respect and pride in our organizational mission.
All Residential Positions include the following:
- A minimum commitment of one year unless otherwise stated.
- Benefits of the Himalayan Institute Residential program, including room and board.
- Access to yoga seminars, yoga classes, and many other opportunities to study with exceptionally experienced teachers.
- Training and support for developing skills in your respective position.