Full time (40 Hours per week)
Schedule: Weekdays, Weekends, possibly evenings, hours may vary.
Come join our growing team! Our Retreat Center is a high energy workplace that focuses on providing high quality educational programs for visiting guests. We are seeking dynamic individuals who can easily manage a busy environment and juggle multiple demands of an active 400 acre campus, with multiple residential buildings, 90,000 sq. ft. Retreat Center and grounds. The ideal candidate has experience with construction, painting and minor repair work. Physically-able, capable of setting up chairs, tables and carrying 70-lbs up and down stairs. Experience with plumbing, heating, electrical and project management a plus.
- Basic maintenance of the grounds- mowing, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
- Coordinate with Guest Services for event set-up and teardown
- Multi-task and manage multiple projects for busy Retreat Center
- Coordinate priorities with the Operations Manager daily
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at once while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Physically-able, capable of setting up chairs, tables and carrying 70-lbs up and down stairs
- Has familiarity with, and or willingness to learn about, basic computer skills, including accessing email, texting, and google drive
- Knowledge of safety regulations or willing to learn
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all. We are looking for more than employees but for people wanting to join our community and work toward a common goal. You will be a part of our community living environment which functions on mutual respect and pride in our organizational mission.
All Residential Positions include the following:
- A minimum commitment of one year.
- Himalayan Institute Residential program, including room and board. (Telecommuting is an option.)
- Access to yoga seminars, yoga classes, and many other opportunities to study with exceptionally experienced teachers.
- Training and support for developing skills in your respective position.