Full time (40 Hours)
Schedule: Flexible Hours depending on project assignments
The PureRejuv Wellness Center at the Himalayan Institute is looking for a licensed massage therapist to provide massage and bodywork to guests and wellness program participants.
The ideal candidate has a background in integrative wellness approaches to health, is familiar with Ayurvedic treatments and philosophy (or desirous to learn), and wants to experience life in a yoga community nurtured by a living tradition. We are looking for people wanting to join our community and work toward a common goal.
- Provide therapeutic massages and bodywork for our clients and guests
- Document client’s condition and progress
- Communicate with other members of our wellness team
- Assist with tasks related to massage & retreats: setup, cleaning, preparations, and organization
- 2+ years of massage therapy experience
- A Pennsylvania massage license in good standing
- A team-player mentality, with good communication skills
- Experience and/or certification in deep tissue, myofascial, structural or other bodywork modalities is a plus.
As a leader in the fields of yoga, meditation, spirituality and holistic health, the Himalayan Institute is a non-profit international organization dedicated to serving humanity through educational, spiritual and humanitarian programs. Our mission is to inspire, educate, and empower all who seek to experience their full potential. The wellness programs we provide often refer to yoga practices and spirituality as sources of healing.
All Residential Positions include the following:
- A minimum commitment of one year unless otherwise stated.
- Benefits of the Himalayan Institute Residential program, including room and board.
- Access to yoga seminars, yoga classes, and many other opportunities to study with exceptionally experienced teachers.
- Training and support for developing skills in your respective position.