Full time (40 Hours)
Schedule: Flexible hours depending on project assignments
Come join our growing team! The Himalayan Institute is a vibrant workplace that focuses on mission driven service and living. We provide high quality educational programs, holistic wellness retreats and services, professional certification programs, and event hosting services for students and visiting guests that drive our mission to inspire, educate, and empower all who seek to experience their full potential.
Our marketing team is looking for a highly motivated Marketing Manager to contribute to our marketing strategy and directly manage all print and digital content marketing campaigns, analytics, budgets, and optimization to drive customer acquisition and maintain customer lifetime value. You will have the opportunity to be heavily involved in effectively communicating our mission and get hands-on experience in a thriving non-profit organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience in strategizing, directing, managing, and creating digital and print content for multiple departments and messages, including strategic alignment of Wisdom Library blog content. Our core business operations include: Mission Programs and Certifications, Wisdom Library and Membership, PureRejuv Wellness Center, Health Products and Publications, Spiritual Excursions, Retreat Center, and Humanitarian Projects.
Keys to Success:
- You are service driven and spiritually motivated
- You are passionate about effective storytelling and communication
- You have experience managing and producing all aspects of online marketing, including content marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, and search marketing
- Your attention to detail allows you to be an excellent project manager and your ability to interact with and engage others fuels your cross-functional collaboration know-how
- You’re both a high-level, strategic thinker and a roll-up-your-sleeves, detail-oriented executioner
- You know how to attract and engage target audiences across all digital channels
- You are the perfect blend of science and art
- You have an eye for design and a hunger for data
- You have a knack for measuring performance and recommending strategy adjustments based on results
- You get that motivation needs to exist in order for people to take action
- You get that keywords and personas are at the heart of all you do and you have a knack for gracefully incorporating them in all digital marketing efforts
- You are driven to learn, grow, and succeed
- You know how to write copy that is emotionally engaging, relevant, and motivating
- You have a passion for yoga and wellness, balanced living, and integrative medicine
- You thrive wearing multiple hats and finding solutions to challenges on a deadline
- You know the value of building a brand and being consistent with branding efforts
This position is primarily responsible for managing our digital and content marketing campaigns, analytics, and optimization for all Himalayan Institute programs, retreats, and departments. Some responsibilities include:
- Creating successful digital marketing campaigns, including corresponding assets and high-converting landing pages.
- Generate awareness and drive high-quality traffic to our site to increase leads and sales through various digital channels; social, search, SEO, retargeting, etc.
- Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and some ad hoc reports, with the ability to recognize performance trends and troubleshoot data anomalies
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Test marketing messages, product descriptions, calls to action, page layouts, page designs, forms, etc.
- Develop online content including case studies, collateral, and videos
- Execute email campaigns and maintain and manage email marketing lists
- Strategically develop, deploy and optimize SEM/PPC campaigns around marketing goals
- Identify and evaluate online advertising opportunities
- Conduct market/competitor research to be leveraged in the execution of campaigns and SEO strategy
- Manage marketing team and leverage talents and skills effectively through delegation and collaboration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field
- 3+ years in digital marketing with a strong focus on Content Marketing, SEO, SEM, and social media
- Experience in creating and optimizing landing pages and “owning” the performance of traffic and leads throughout the entire marketing funnel
- Experience copywriting and copyediting
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Google Adwords and PPC campaigns, SEO/SEM, social media communication and advertising (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Youtube), and Google Docs
- Working knowledge of content management systems like WordPress
- Some knowledge of video production, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), and basic HTML
- Knowledge and experience with nonprofits in the yoga and wellness industry extremely helpful, but not required
All Residential Positions include the following:
- A minimum commitment of one year unless otherwise stated.
- Benefits of the Himalayan Institute Residential program, including room and board.
- Access to yoga seminars, yoga classes, and many other opportunities to study with exceptionally experienced teachers.
- Training and support for developing skills in your respective position.
Join Our Team!