Full time (40 Hours)
Schedule: Flexible Hours depending on project assignments
Come join our growing team! The Himalayan Institute is a vibrant workplace that focuses on providing high quality integrative health services, educational programs, event hosting services, and professional certification curriculum’s for students and visiting guests.
Our marketing team is looking for a highly motivated Digital Marketing intern to contribute to our digital and content marketing campaigns, analytics, and optimization to drive customer acquisition, and maintain customer lifetime value. This marketing internship will give candidates the opportunity to be heavily involved and get hands-on experience in a thriving non-profit organization. The ideal candidate would be directly involved in creating digital and print content for our core business operations which include; Retreat Center, PureRejuv, Mission Programming and Certifications, Health Products and Publications, and Spiritual Excursions.
Keys to Success:
- You’re socially, digitally, and online marketing savvy
- You are the perfect blend of science and art
- You know how to attract and engage target audiences across all digital channels.
- You have an eye for design and a hunger for data
- You get that motivation needs to exist in order for people to take action
- You get that keywords and personas are at the heart of all you do and you have a knack for gracefully incorporating them in all digital marketing efforts
- You’re a roll-up-your-sleeves, detail-oriented executioner
- You understand ToFu, MoFu, BoFu
- Your attention to detail allows you to be an excellent project manager and your ability to interact with and engage others fuels your cross-functional collaboration know-how
- You have a knack for measuring marketing campaign performance
- You are driven to learn, grow and succeed
- You have a passion for wellness, balanced living and integrative medicine
- Execute digital marketing campaigns across key channels (including social media campaigns, paid Search, Affiliate, direct media campaigns (e.g., with relevant Health and Wellness blogs)
- Monitor programs to expected ROI with an understanding of cost of acquisition, retention and lifetime value.
- Analyze campaign results and structuring tests to improve performance and conversions
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly reports and statistics to monitor and adjust key marketing programs in order to maximize growth
- Assist in planning & organizing for digital marketing program, including building and maintaining detailed calendars of promotional cadence and email creative strategy
- Assist with weekly email reporting and metrics along with ad hoc reports
- Help build and deploy day-to-day email campaigns
- Perform competitive analysis on other brands and retailers email marketing strategies
- Develop inspiration for new marketing ideas (welcome, reactivation, social, blogger, editorial, sales)
- Past internships or experience in digital or content marketing
- Strong working knowledge of interaction and user-centered experience design, digital marketing strategy and the creative process
- Online Analytics (Google Analytics, Optimizely)
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing concepts and consumer behavior
- Balance of creative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient, and comfortable working with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- Experience with WordPress, HTML and Photoshop preferred
- Passion for wellness, balanced living and integrative medicine
- Self-starter with positive attitude and strong collaboration skills
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all. We are looking for more than employees but for people wanting to join our community and work toward a common goal. You will be a part of our community living environment which functions on mutual respect and pride in our organizational mission.
All Residential Positions include the following:
- A minimum commitment of one year unless otherwise stated.
- Benefits of the Himalayan Institute Residential program, including room and board.
- Access to yoga seminars, yoga classes, and many other opportunities to study with exceptionally experienced teachers.
- Training and support for developing skills in your respective position.