Full time (40 Hours)
Come join our growing team! For more than forty years the Himalayan Institute’s Retreat Center has been a gathering place for people seeking inspiration and aspiring to restore inner balance. We are seeking a dynamic individual who can easily manage a busy environment and juggle multiple demands of a front desk receptionist with supporting administrative duties. The ideal candidate is someone who is friendly and cheerful, enjoys helping people, is highly organized, has the ability to multi-task and be flexible, and is committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
This position is primarily responsible for making sure our guests and are completely taken care of:
- Cheerfully greet our guests, making sure they are comfortable and their needs are met during their stay with us, ensuring a superb customer service experience
- Build a good rapport with all guests and quickly resolve any issues to maintain high quality customer service
- Assist in handling customer complaints in an effective and courteous manner, providing or seeking solutions as quickly as possible
- Be responsible for accurate and efficient accounts and guest billing processes
- Assist in keeping the Retreat Center reception area clean and tidy at all times
- Undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing, and switchboard, to ensure the reception area runs smoothly
- Administer all routes of reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately
- Ensure that all reservations and cancellations are processed efficiently
- Keep up to date with room prices and special offers to provide accurate information to guests
- Report any maintenance, breakage, or cleanliness problems to the relevant manager
- Undertake all training as required (e.g. job qualification, first aid, health and safety, customer service)
- Adhere to all fire safety procedures and assist in the evacuation process in the event of fire
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties relevant to the post (e.g. MarketPlace, Sacred Grove Cafe, mailroom), as and when required
- Ensure rooms are ready for check-in
- Create and place guest door tags
- Create and place seminar programs and guides in rooms
- Manage and distribute guest gift and promotional items
- Telephone skills, verbal communication, customer service experience, time management, organization, detail oriented, Microsoft Office skills, listening, professionalism, customer focus, informing others, handles pressure, quality focus
- 3–5 years of front desk/receptionist experience
- 3–5 years of basic computer skills including: Excel/Google Sheets, Word/Google Docs, and email experience
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all. We are looking for more than employees—for people wanting to join our community and work toward a common goal. You will be a part of our community living environment, which functions on mutual respect and pride in our organizational mission.
All Residential Positions include the following:
- A minimum commitment of one year unless otherwise stated.
- Benefits of the Himalayan Institute Residential Program, including room and board.
- Access to seminars, yoga classes, and many other opportunities to study with exceptionally experienced teachers.
- Training and support for developing skills in your respective position.
Join Our Team!