Come join our growing team! Our Retreat Center is a high-energy workplace that focuses on providing high-quality educational programs for visiting guests. We are seeking dynamic individuals who can easily manage a busy environment and juggle multiple demands of an active 400-acre campus, with multiple residential buildings, 90,000 sq. ft. Retreat Center and grounds. The ideal candidate has experience with any or all of the following: construction (carpentry, repair work, electrical, plumbing, and painting), groundskeeping (lawn care, weeding, planting, landscape installation, and snow shoveling/plowing), building management (boilers, steam heating, and HVAC-related skills), machinery care (small engine maintenance/repair, vehicle maintenance/repair, and larger diesel equipment maintenance/repair), and maintenance (setting up before and cleaning after events, trash and recycling, and other basic labor).
Most positions require candidates to be physically able-bodied, capable of carrying weight up and down stairs. Must be willing to be a part of a team.
- Specific responsibilities vary by skill set.
- All positions should be able to multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Coordinate priorities with the Facilities Coordinator.
- Have one or more of the skill sets listed above.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at once while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Physically able-bodied and capable of carrying weight up and down stairs.
- Has familiarity with, and/or willingness to learn about, basic computer skills, including accessing email, texting, and Google Drive.
- Knowledge of safety regulations or willing to learn.