Full time (40 Hours)
Come join our growing team! Our Retreat Center is a high energy workplace that focuses on providing high quality educational programs for visiting guests. We are seeking a dynamic individual who can easily manage a busy environment and juggle the multiple demands of an active venue, while making time to support each teacher/presenter’s programmatic vision to the fullest. The ideal candidate is someone who is friendly and cheerful, enjoys helping people, is highly organized, has the ability to multi-task and be flexible, and is a great team player.
This position is the primary point of contact with faculty, presenters, and hosts and will determine logistical support starting after the completion of contracts or program determination and continuing until event completion at the Himalayan Institute.
- Coordinate with Sales Assistant to compile the event schedule, handouts, and A/V needs three weeks prior to event.
- Receive and implement instructions from faculty about Mission Programs, Satsangs, or other Retreat Center functions including but not limited to: open houses, town hall meetings, etc.
- Coordinate and execute the setup of teaching classrooms and event spaces including assistance with A/V needs
- Assist with add-on requests that take place after the contract signature has occurred. Includes properly contracting services, taking payment for services, and executing the required logistics involved to host the services.
- Capture seminar feedback with a survey form for Mission Programs.
- Assist the Guest Services team as needed.
- Handle special requests, tasks, or projects that are assigned by management as needed.
- Telephone skills, verbal communication, customer service experience, time management, organization, detail oriented, Microsoft Office skills, listening, professionalism, customer focus, informing others, handles pressure, quality focus
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at once while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Professional dress
- Physically-able, capable of setting up chairs and tables and carrying 70 lbs up and down stairs.
- Has familiarity with and/or willingness to learn about basic audio/visual equipment, including sound boards, lighting boards, projectors, and lavaliere microphones
- 3–5 years of computer skills including: Microsoft Excel and Word, Google Sheets and Docs, InDesign or Microsoft Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all. We are looking for more than employees—for people wanting to join our community and work toward a common goal. You will be a part of our community living environment, which functions on mutual respect and pride in our organizational mission.
All Residential Positions include the following:
- A minimum commitment of one year unless otherwise stated.
- Benefits of the Himalayan Institute Residential Program, including room and board.
- Access to yoga seminars, yoga classes, and many other opportunities to study with exceptionally experienced teachers.
- Training and support for developing skills in your respective position.
Join Our Team!