Full time (40 Hours)
Schedule: Mon–Fri, 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.; flexible depending on Retreat Center events
Come join our growing team! The Himalayan Institute’s offerings are rapidly expanding, and how we engage and communicate with our community is critical to the success of our mission.
The Creative Services team is looking for an energetic, decisive individual who is eager to take the next step in his or her career of digital content production. The Digital Content Production Manager plays a critical role in executing the vision of the Wisdom Library Editorial Director, ensuring the smooth and continuous operation of our content pipeline. Your success means that the Wisdom Library content is delivered in full, on time, without fail, and with apparent ease.
Join this thriving nonprofit as we usher in an exciting new era for our online educational mission!
About The Job:
The Digital Content Production Manager is responsible for holding the objectives of the Editorial Director and Wisdom Library team and shepherding the content vision through the content acquisition, digital content production, and web publishing processes. Once the production course is charted, your job is to keep the process moving, coordinating among the Wisdom Library, A/V, and Marketing teams, and communicating results and next-steps to key stakeholders and individual contributors.
Keys To Success
To succeed at this job, you must be:
- Detail oriented, skilled at organizing information
- Personally organized and timely
- In the habit of actively maintaining professional communications, particularly email
- Independent and highly collaborative
- Flexible and agile with regard to evolving tasks and priorities
- Skilled at communicating clear objects to peers and senior managers
- Proven at time and deadline management
- Quick to learn new skills, processes, and technical tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Comfort with standard office software (documents, spreadsheets, presentations)
- Exposure to a wide range of technical tools, including but not limited to: Wufoo, Basecamp, Vimeo, Amazon S3, WordPress
- Portfolio or examples demonstrating your communication, project management, and/or writing skills
- Resume summarizing relevant education and professional experience
Responsibilities of the Digital Content Production Manager role are divided into two categories: digital content production and publishing & post-publishing communications.
Digital Content Production
- Timecode editing
- Gathering assets
- Selecting featured & supporting images
- SEO batching
- Collecting links to audio & video assets
- Collecting blurbs & teaser text
Publishing & Post-publishing Communications
- Arrange content into one of several pre-defined templates
- Review & troubleshoot with editorial director and/or Web team
- Shepherd content items through multi-stage review process
- Notify Marketing team
- Notify contributor & model; encourage social sharing
- Verify successful go-live, double checking internal and cross links
- Catalog in and maintain content archive
The following are some things that we would love to see in a candidate for Digital Content Production manager.
- Content writing—ability to summarize, maintain voice for small pieces
- Appreciation for or expertise in relevant subject matter, including yoga, meditation, ayurveda, and/or holistic health
- Experience managing a team of individual contributors
- Experience developing and refining organizational processes
- Formal project management experience
- Formal experience working on or in collaboration with a content marketing team
- Prior job experience as an assistant editor, web editor, managing editor, editorial director, and/or nonprofit or startup employee