Part-time or full-time (40 Hours)
Schedule: Flexible hours depending on project assignments
Come join our growing team! The Himalayan Institute is a vibrant workplace that focuses on providing high quality integrative health services, educational programs, event hosting services, and professional certification curricula for students and visiting guests.
Our accounting department is looking for a highly motivated clerk to maintain the rigorous and detailed accounting needed for an organization of our size and complexity. Working with seven different business groups and a chart of over 100 accounts, our accounting clerk manages our accounts payables and receivables, credit card statements, and banking.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Pay debts as they comes due for payment
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Assist with and prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Calculate and report on variances from the budget
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance department workflow
- Maintain a procedures manual
- Work with the Accounting Director to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Strictly adhere to all policies and procedures of the Himalayan Institute
- Seek to minimize misuse of company assets
- 1–3 years of accounting experience or equivalent
- Verbal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Handles pressure and deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent with numbers and accounting methods
- Must be able to work at a desk for long periods of time
- Must have excellent knowledge of bookkeeping, general ledger, and accounting principles
- Knowledge and experience of using an electronic application for accounting
- Proficient with software tools such as Xero, Microsoft Suite, and Google Sheets
- Self-starter with positive attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Passion for wellness and balanced living
The Himalayan Institute is home to residents from all over the country and the world. Our community is held together by dedicated students of life who value collective responsibility and respect for all. We are looking for more than employees—for people wanting to join our community and work toward a common goal. You will be a part of our community living environment, which functions on mutual respect and pride in our organizational mission.
All Residential Positions include the following:
- A minimum commitment of one year unless otherwise stated.
- Benefits of the Himalayan Institute Residential Program, including room and board.
- Access to yoga seminars, yoga classes, and many other opportunities to study with exceptionally experienced teachers.
- Training and support for developing skills in your respective position.