How to Participate in the Year-Long Group Meditation
Be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
The Sri Vidya Shrine at the Himalayan Institute is the locus for an around the clock group meditation from November 11, 2011, to November 11, 2012.
We invite you to join in this worldwide healing movement. Simply make a commitment to practice everyday, at a specific time, whether here or at home.
Meditate or pray silently. If you have studied a special practice such as Gayatri, Maha Mrityunjaya, or Navarna Mantra, this is the perfect time and place to take your practice to the next level.
How to Participate at HI
- Review your weekend schedule and choose time(s) to meditate while on campus.
- Make your commitment. Write your name on the YLGM whiteboard in the lobby for the time slot you plan to join. Typical meditation times range from 15 minutes—1 hour.
- Review the YLGM participant guide before entering the Sri Vidya Shrine.
Visit our FAQ page to ask questions and get answers!
How to Participate at Home
- Choose a time to sit and meditate each day at home.
- Put yourself on the map! Register below as a YLGM Meditator.
- Registered YLGM Meditators will receive a silent prayer to recite before beginning meditation at home.
- Study with us online throughout the year! Premium Members of HI receive exclusive content from all 12 YLGM Core Programs.
- Enhance your study of the 12 core programs by listening to our YLGM Monday Night Book Club Podcast—a weekly discussion on the recommended reading for the YLGM Core Programs.
- Review the additional resources available on our “Learn to Meditate” page, including meditation instruction, guidelines on mantra practice, and creating a personal meditation space.
Year-Long Group Meditation Around the World
See a larger map»
Name and email address information is not shared with anyone, and is not displayed on the map. It will take some time for the map to display your submission.