Total Health Center Massage Internship Program
The Residential Massage Internship Program allows students to build their massage skills, learn ayurvedic techniques, be part of a dynamic group of holistic health professionals, and deepen their understanding of the yoga tradition.
Also, while living at the Himalayan Institute, interns may attend seminars on yoga, philosophy, meditation, and holistic health and enjoy other recreational activities on our peaceful 400-acre campus in the rolling hills of the Poconos.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited massage school
- At least 100 hours of prior massage practice hours
- Must demonstrate excellent massage ability and people-skills, either through written recommendation or site visit
Specific tasks include but not limited to:
- Performing massages (up to 18 hours/week)
- Working in the office
- Attending staff meetings
- Participating in facility upkeep
- Self-care and burn-out prevention techniques
- Individualized skill-building plan
- Communication Training
- Mentorship with therapists with over 20 years’ experience
Internship period is 10 weeks. Start date is flexible. Upon successful completion of the program, interns may be invited to stay and work short-term or join the residential program.
Cost for the 10 weeks is $750.
For more information or to apply
Please fill out the STP/Residential Internship Application below and indicate that you are applying for the Massage Internship Program. Admittance to the Massage Internship Program is by approved application only. An interview is required.
Email, fax or mail your application, resume, and cover letter (including how you found the program, previous experience with yoga science, and why you are interested in the program).
Total Health Center
952 Bethany Turnpike
Honesdale, PA 18431