For more than 35 years, the Himalayan Institute Total Health Center has combined Western medicine with Eastern systems of health in an integrated approach to holistic health. At the Himalayan Institute Total Health Center, we offer personally tailored in-house rejuvenation and cleansing programs based on ayurvedic principles. Ayurvedic therapies restore our essential connection to nature and promote the inherent self-healing qualities of the mind and body.
The Holistic Rejuvenation and Pancha Karma programs offered here are supervised by Carrie Demers, MD, Medical Director. A holistic physician, board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Demers incorporates modern medicine and holistic approaches to health including ayurveda, herbs, homeopathy, yoga, diet, and lifestyle changes.
Programs offered at the Himalayan Institute Total Health Center can help you to:
- Regain youthful vigor and boost the immune system;
- Prevent stress-induced compromises which may interfere with your sense of balance, wellness, and immunity;
- Recover from antibiotic treatment, prescription drugs treatment, cancer treatment, surgery, or prolonged illness;
- Relieve symptoms resulting from chronic conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, back pain, migraine headaches, high blood pressure, and diabetes; and
- Restore psycho-physical balance when experiencing symptoms of anxiety and stress, mild depression, attention deficit disorder (ADD), insomnia, or corporate burn-out.