What is Living Tantra?
Invest in your personal practice. These six seminars offer a perfect blend of intellectual and experiential learning. They will complete your study of yoga, ayurveda, and other paradigms of health and healing and empower you to create the material and spiritual prosperity you are seeking.
Looking for the six-part Living Tantra Series?
We’re in the process of moving the Living Tantra online content over to our new site, which is expected to re-launch online in Summer 2013. For existing participants, if you are interested in the DVD set, call us at 1-800-822-4547.
Purchase the Complete Series
You can get the full 22-DVD package in our web store here. We will send you web access info after the site is launched.
Supporting Practices (Video/Audio)
Tantric Tradition and Techniques
Tantra is the key to a life of fulfillment and prosperity. This seminar is the gateway to a comprehensive understanding of Tantra and how the tantric approach to health, healing, spirituality, and religion empowers us to excel in every aspect of life. The underlying theme is the awakening of kundalini shakti at the navel center, the foundation for all forms of tantric practice. We’ll lay the groundwork for this crucial awakening with the practice of prana dharana. We’ll also explore the difference between tantric and non-tantric versions of yoga, meditation, and religion, and discover how Tantra has shaped astrology and ayurveda and influenced the art of India, Tibet, China, Japan, and Southeast Asia.
- The enchanted world of Tantra, where personal power and trustful surrender, sensory pleasure and spiritual freedom, material prosperity and spiritual attainment go hand in hand.
- A personal account of how the power of Tantra can be exploited to promote illicit activities.
- The higher purpose of human birth and the sacred nature of the human body.
- Prana Dharana, the practice that is the prelude to the awakening of kundalini at the navel center.
Secret of Tantric Rituals
This is an opportunity to explore the sacred nature of our body and the world around us so we can experience the joy that is our birthright. We will examine the scientific basis for tantric rituals and how these rituals awaken subtle forces of nature, ward off obstacles, and create conditions favorable to both worldly success and spiritual growth. We will explore both the mystery of the inner fire, which leads to inner awakening and personal empowerment, and the mystery of the fire ceremony, which leads to healing the natural world. We’ll learn how to select and combine ritual ingredients, build a sacred fire, apply the appropriate mantras, and infuse the entire practice with the inner fire residing at the navel center.
- The science of fire: the formulas for fire ceremonies, the techniques for selecting ingredients, building the fire, and making the offering.
- Why the first three chakras and their physical counterparts are the most afflicted areas in our body and how tantric rituals can repair this damage.
- Tantric rituals and herbal formulas for creating a new reality and reshaping our destiny.
- The power of collective consciousness and the role of Tantra in creating a peaceful atmosphere in a troubled world.
This seminar explores the power of Tantra, an alluring discipline that attracts seekers and scholars while frightening anyone who has built a solid wall between the sacred and mundane, spirituality and science. We’ll focus on the esoteric aspect of Tantra, which has long been used for miraculous healing and removing unmanageable obstacles. These sessions will explore those tantric practices that are baffling to most people, yet immensely rewarding to those who study and practice under the guidance of a competent master. We will learn tantric techniques for overcoming the afflictions that drain our vitality, cloud our mind, and rob our lives of joy. And we’ll learn how to use these techniques to help and heal our loved ones and our society.
- Why some practices are forbidden to those without a solid foundation in this ancient science, and the consequences of doing these practices without adequate preparation.
- How the energy generated by forbidden practices alters the law of destiny and how to ensure that this energy is directed skillfully.
- The qualifications of a healer and the materials, tools, and ingredients that belong in a healer’s toolbox.
- How to use the knowledge acquired in the previous seminar to do practices for the benefit of ourselves and others.
Tantra and Kundalini
The awakening of kundalini shakti is the heart of Tantra. Kundalini shakti, the primordial pool of energy and consciousness, is the living Goddess in the human body. She is an inexhaustible source of power and freedom, healing and nourishment, pleasure and joy. The infusion of kundalini shakti makes our body a living shrine and empowers us to live fully and joyfully. This seminar focuses on a skillful blend of asanas, pranayamas, bandhas, mudras, mantras, yantras, and rituals for awakening kundalini shakti. These practices are designed to enable us to gain access to the vibrant energy at the navel center.
- Tantric cosmology and our place in the universe, with an emphasis on the interplay of feminine and masculine and the effect of our karmas on kundalini awakening.
- Balanced living, prayer, knowledge, devotion, selfless service, hatha yoga, ayurveda, and alchemy as a means of awakening kundalini shakti.
- The role of the seven chakras, prana shakti, and the nadis in kundalini awakening.
- A routine of hatha yoga practiced by adepts in the Himalayan caves to awaken kundalini.
Tantra and the Lotus of the Heart
In every tradition, the lotus of the heart is seen as the sacred home of God. In the Indian tradition, Brahma the Creator is born of a lotus. The great deities, Maha Vairochana of Tibetan Buddhism and Dainichi Nyori of Shingon Buddhism, make this lotus their abode. And yet many of us experience this sacred home mainly as a tangle of thorns. This experiential seminar takes us to the very core of Tantra. We’ll learn the tantric method of meditating on the heart and discover why it destroys the clouds of fear and grief that engulf so many. This unique meditation technique is based on the Lotus Sutra of Buddha and the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali and is augmented by techniques from the tantric scriptures.
- The main points of practice for calming our argumentative and critical mind and retraining it to hear and heed the voice of the heart.
- The tantric method of transforming our self-demeaning habits into a passion for spiritual unfoldment.
- Infusing the heart with prana shakti and healing the wounds caused by betrayal, fear, and grief.
- Tantric technique for creating sacred space in the heart and filling it with love and compassion, determination, and trustful surrender.
Sri Vidya—The Embodiment of Tantra
Sri Vidya, the most sublime and rewarding of all tantric paths, leads to a direct experience of ourselves as a wave of beauty and bliss arising from the ocean of pure consciousness. In this seminar, you will come to understand your body as a living shrine and the chakras as altars in that shrine. You will learn how every thought, word, and action is an avenue for spiritual experience. These sessions will empower you to integrate all the practices of yoga and meditation into the fulfilling model of Sri Vidya and to discover which of the chakras is the most suitable center of practice for you.
- How to experience the power and joy that is unique to this sublime path of Sri Vidya by uniting the navel center, the heart center, and the center between the eyebrows.
- The technique for connecting yourself with the divinity at any shrine belonging to any spiritual tradition.
- The technique for restoring, reviving, and reawakening abandoned shrines—those in the external world as well as the inner shrine of the human heart.
- The technique for infusing both our own lives and the natural world with saundarya-lahari, the wave of beauty, and ananda-lahari, the wave of bliss—the ultimate service to ourselves and our creator.
Supporting Practices (Video/Audio)
Chapters: Expand All | Collapse All