Before January 1, 2014 collect 10,000 books and 10,000 dollars to ship those books to West Africa.
Education is the key to rural empowerment but, unfortunately, access is not available in all parts of the world. In West Africa, the high cost of school enrollment prevents many families from sending their children. Furthermore, those children that are able to attend school are not outfitted with proper textbooks and supplies. The Kumbo Public Library helps provide these resources, but with 32,000 annual visitors and a constantly growing user base the demand for new books is high. Donate and help us provide higher quality educational resources to West Africa.
HELP US SHIP BOOKS TO AFRICA
ONE BOOK & ONE BUCK NEEDS
|Transport to the New Jersey Port||$1,000|
|Exportation, Insurance & Ocean Freight||$3,000|
|Importation Fees In Cameroon||$4,000|
|Transport to Library in Kumbo, Cameroon||$2,000|
How It Works
You, and your friends, have been dropping your books in our collection boxes for awhile now. Click here to find a drop location near you>>
You make a donation because we need help getting your books to Cameroon, West Africa.
Your books have been loaded onto the ship and are on their way to our public library in Cameroon. Learn More about our library here>>
Your books arrived at our library and were eagerly unpacked, shelved and read by community members. You’ve made a lasting impact in the lives of others. Follow the success by subscribing to our blog.
Our goal is to raise 10,000 books and 10,000 dollars by January 1, 2014.
Here is our progress so far.
Find A Drop Box Near You!
Host A Drop Box
Hosting a dropbox is a great way to get your school, business or club involved and supporting ONE BOOK & ONE BUCK.
Simply follow these steps:
- Assemble a box and paint it red.
- Add a money collection jar.
- Download, print and attach our official posters (link below).
- Email us at Humanitarian@HimalayanInstitute.org with your name, drop box location, along with a fun photo of you with your box. We’d love to share it on our Facebook page!
- By January 1st, send us the “BUCKS” you’ve collected using our online donation form above. The BOOKS can be sent to us at the address below using an affordable Media Mail option. Check the rates here
- Send Books To: Humanitarian Dept, Himalayan Institute, 982 Bethany Turnpike, Honesdale, PA, 18431.