This February our Cameroon community center is turning five! Join in the celebration and help give vocational training and leadership skills to thousands.
This center will teach:
- general education
- leadership skills
- automotive skills
Center For Leadership: our newest campaign
With your help, we will build the region’s first Center For Leadership and Vocational Studies. This center will allow students to have an occupation-focused school with the resources, teachers and classes needed to jump-start a career.
We aim to raise $5,000 by Feb 21st, in order to construct
and staff this new Center. Our goal is to open the doors
to the public by June 1st.
Help us reach our goal and serve more people. (Your donation is tax deductable.)
Donate by check – If you wish to pay by check, please make it payable to Himalayan Institute and memo: Center For Leadership (mail to: 952 Bethany Turnpike, Honesdale PA, 18431)
We have reached our phase one goal!
Additional funds will go towards even more resources for the center.
- Will be the region’s first Center for Leadership and Vocational Studies.
- Will employ a teacher and several librarians.
- Will house a 5,000-volume library comprised of vocational topics such as management, law, accounting, marketing, farming, woodworking, electrical, plumbing, automotive skills, and more.
- Will make subscriptions available to relevant magazines for the latest news and developments in these fields.
- Will feature modern technologies such as computers, Internet access and a projector.
- Will house a conference room that can double as a community meeting space.
- Every month we will host free classes and workshops on business skills, leadership skills, and specific vocational trades, calling up local experts to help staff the classes.
- This will also relieve pressure from our general library, giving it the opportunity to make a greater impact, too.
Thanks to the support of donors like you, in 2008 we opened one of the largest public libraries in Cameroon. Since then, traffic into the library has steadily grown and we now serve over 15,000 people per year! Also growing is the demand for more space, modern computers, Internet access, and up-to-date books and magazines, as well as increased vocational training, including theoretical and hands-on courses. All of these needs will be addressed in our new Center For Leadership and Vocational Studies!