500-Hour Teacher Training Application Process
Review the Pre-Requisites
- 200-hour certification and/or RYT-200 Yoga Alliance Registration and a regular practice.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Submit a completed application with 1 reference form either on-line or by mail (see below). Information collected includes:
- Contact Information
- Essay questions to capture your background with yoga and goals for the training
- One Reference form from a yoga teacher
All applications must be received with the $108 non-refundable application fee.
Once applications and reference forms are received by the HITA office you will receive notice on the status of your application within 2 weeks.
Fill Out an Online Application
- Prepare a digital scan or photo of your 200-hour certification and/or RYT-200 Yoga Alliance Registration.
- Upload a passport size photo (optional).
- Provide the name and email address for one reference.
- Complete the following questions before starting the online process. You will be asked to upload a file during the application process. Either download and complete the text document below, or create your own document in Microsoft Word or Notepad (.txt). (The questions below can be copied and pasted into a word or text document.)
(DOWNLOAD ESSAY QUESTIONS)
PLEASE ANSWER BRIEFLY THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- List and describe your yoga teacher training experiences including: school or teacher, location and date, and program focus.
- Have you completed any specialized training, e.g., yoga therapy? Where? When?
- List and describe your teaching experience. Include how long you have been actively teaching, number of classes you teach each week, populations you teach, e.g., general classes, special populations, etc., levels you teach, and if teaching is your full-time work.
- Do you include meditation in your teaching?
(*If you received your 200-hour certification through the Himalayan Institute, answer question c only.)
[To ensure web forms work correctly, keep your browser up-to-date.
Download the most current version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari.]
Mail In Your Application
Print and complete your application.
Submit your completed application and one reference to:
Himalayan Institute Teachers Association (HITA)
952 Bethany Turnpike
Honesdale, PA 18431-4041, U.S.A.
For more information
call 800-822-4547, option 5 or