Spiritual Pilgrimage to India: Join Us
In January 2013, a three-year practice to consecrate the Sri Vidya Shrine in Khajuraho, India began in connection with the pilgrimage to the Kumbha Mela. Beginning in September 2015, the Himalayan Institute invites you to return to Khajuraho to conclude this practice by joining our Khajuraho Sadhana Immersion.
The Khajuraho Sadhana Immersion, is a chance to step away from the distractions and demands of worldly life, to join like-minded seekers and become immersed in this awakened environment. There are fourteen practice-driven Sadhana Immersion Sessions that present a rare opportunity to invest in your spiritual quest. The conclusion of the consecration of the Sri Vidya Shrine is a unique point in time, and therefore the most vibrant time to begin a new practice, to conclude a practice or to accelerate and deepen the practice that you have.
A few notes about the Sadhana Immersions:
- Each 10-day session provides the opportunity for personal guidance from Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, Rolf Sovik, Rod Stryker, and other senior Institute teachers, the central element of this experience.
- Select Immersion Sessions offer Study Intensives with Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, Rolf Sovik or Rod Stryker
- A conducive environment for the practice of hatha, pranayama, meditation, prayer, purashcharana
- Optional pilgrimages to other sacred sites such as Allahabad and Banaras.
- Small groups for an intimate and more personal experience
- Free time for study, journaling and contemplation
- Daily satsanga, kirtan, hatha yoga and meditation classes
- Nature hikes in the beauty and tranquility of the surrounding hills and forest preserves
- Comfortable living amenities: modern accommodations in a new residential building, purified water, freshly prepared, delicious meals from locally grown produce
The Sri Vidya Shrine is incomparable and the environment at the HI Khajuraho campus, enriched by tantric history, cannot be replicated: a sacred rock brought from our ancestral cave at Mount Kailash in Tibet, emanates its own subtle energy, filling and sanctifying the space with the gifts of love and inner peace offered by the masters of the Himalayan Tradition. To spend time at this campus with other seekers, engaged in practice, with the assistance of teachers and the support from the shrine is profound. The goal of entering a quiet stillness inside oneself is real and attainable. And a living experience such as this is life-changing: it breathes new life into your personal practice, changing the way you see yourself and the world.
As Pandit Rajmani Tigunait invites you to join us, he asks that you bring “your wonderful heart” and confides that the benefit of doing your practice in the Shrine will help you to see the innate wisdom of your body and how the immense power of your mind is unfolding.
Sign up now – space is limited for each session and some sessions have already been sold out!