200-Hour Teacher Certification Program Application Process
Review the Pre-Requisites
- At least 2 years prior experience in Hatha Yoga and a regular practice.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Submit a completed application with 2 reference forms either on-line or by mail (see below). Information collected includes:
- Contact Information
- Essay questions to capture your background with yoga and goals for the training
- 2 Reference forms from yoga teachers
All applications must be received with the $108 non-refundable application fee.
Once applications and reference forms are received by the HITA office you will receive notice on the status of your application within 2 weeks.
Fill Out an Online Application
- Upload a passport size photo (optional).
- Provide the name and email address of two references.
- Complete the following questions before starting the online process. You will be asked to upload a file during the application process. Either download and complete the text document below, or create your own document in Microsoft Word or Notepad (.txt). (The questions below can be copied and pasted into a word or text document.)
DOWNLOAD ESSAY QUESTIONS
- When did you begin to study hatha yoga?
- What yoga classes and workshops have you attended in the past two years?
(Please list the tradition or style of your training and approximate hours per week.)
- Describe your personal practice. How often do you practice and for how long?
- List details of any previous yoga teacher training.
- Describe any previous experience teaching hatha yoga.
- How has yoga affected your life?
- Why do you wish to become a yoga teacher?
[To ensure web forms work correctly, keep your browser up-to-date.
Download the most current version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari.]
Mail In Your Application
Print and complete your application.
Submit your completed application and 2 references to:
Himalayan Institute Teachers Association (HITA)
952 Bethany Turnpike
Honesdale, PA 18431-4041, U.S.A.